[B]Why don't we send e-mails to major news papers ? [/B]

hot mail

Registered Users (C)
485 Freeze: When Will It Be Lifted?

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

The INS HQ is reluctant to admit it officially, but currently adjudication of I-485 is on hold across the board. No one knows what has caused the decision of freeze and more importantly when it will be lifted. It reminds people of the long and painful freeze of 485 applications a few years back pending CIA clearance, which contributed to a mountain of 485 backlogs to the level of over 2 years of 485 processing times. No one knows the exact cause this time around, but one wonders whether it has something to do with the on-going special registration programs.

INS is not even ready to admit it officially as they don't have any idea when the freeze will be lifteed

Why don't we send e-mails to major news papers ?

If all of us got together, and wrote 10 emails a day to 10 different organizations, every single day, each one of us, we would definitely be able to turn the tide in our favor.

Please I implore you all to do so.

Not so sure about that SillyMan, there is no broad based support for immigration currently in this job market. Most Americans would prefer not to have permanant residents who compete with them for the same limited jobs. So I am not sure if publishing this fact in major news papers will help.

Instead what will help is writing to senators who have oversight over the Homeland Security BS. They need to come back to power ever 5 years and they know that if they help people like us, when we get our citizenships we are in a position to help them.

Offcourse write to AILA till they make life hell for INS. We cannot expect others to help, not even immigrants who just received their green cards or citizenships. Since obviously we are competing with them as well. :)

So let us channelise our efforts towards AILA, Senators etc., if possible raise some money and start lobbying since that is the only way things work around here. We need to stay focused. And then maybe we can get this thing of the ground! :)

140 maybe you are right. But the idea is to expose how mismanaged and messed up INS is, and oh yea we'll get support for that. It all depends on how you present the story.

If you give a sob story that the market is bad, and I need gc quick, yea thats gonna be looked down upon. But if you reword the same to, INS is so messed up that it has taken them over one year for an application that should not have taken over a week .. and they still donot have a clue. People would buy that.

Is it a good idea if most of the affected persons who live in Bay Area, meet in a common place and chart out an minimum action programmae. Please suggest.

Thanks

If we can acomplish something, I would like to
meet you all if there is a bay-area gathering of affected people.

I sent an e-mail to Mercury news immigration section and received a reply too.

Lets keep our efforts synchronized. I say lets get some core responses, and then if there is a journalist willing to meet us, we'll meet him in the bay area at any weekend.

How about this, ...........

whatever responses you get from who-ever, mention his/her details (except email id so people don't bother them), then we can invite these people to our meeting, and going dutch, we can organize a meeting in the bay area/LA and voice our concerns.

Also, we can extend such an invitation to people in power. If anyone of them shows up, great, if they don't ... no loss.

Meeting in person is something we can do after we get an agenda. I know we have discussed this online but we need to come up with a masterplan that details the action we intend to take. As someone suggested in someother forum, we can all contribute around 25$ or so and set up a fund. No one really cares for 25 $ and there are enough people here to make it worth while for a lawyer to take charge and really go after the INS.

Offcourse in the mean time we need to bring to the attention, of those who matter, the misdeeds of the INS. I think we have a fair chance at success since nothing can be worse than the position we are in right now.