[B]please help clarify the difference between finger printing and biometrics[/B]

ohdwell

Registered Users (C)
I had my fingerprinting done twice (one for my 1st EAD and then 2nd for my EAD renewal). I got my I-140 approved this week and got I-797C notice to do the biometrics at the application support center. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between finger prints and biometrics? Why do they need biometrics at all? Why was my i-485 not approved concurrently; I'm not from retrogression affected countries.

Any input would be appreciated.

EB3 RIR Concurrent
PD Dec 31, 2001
LC AD Mar 2004
I-140/485 RD Apr 2004
I-140 AD May 31, 2005
I-485 AD ????

I've read in this forum somewhere that people got their biometrics notice AFTER their I-485 was approved and claim that those biometrics (index finger FP, photo and digital signature) were to be put on the physical green card. But in my case, my I-140 is approved but I-485 is not. Yet, I got a biometrics notice for both me and for my wife. I'm totally confused what it means... would they approve the I-485 soon now?

Also, we did early FP, almost two weeks earlier in hope to get our processing finished soon. I don't think it hurts anything, but I read that some people in Atlanta ONLY who did early FP got their FP notices again with different dates and/or times. But it was discovered later (i presume) that it was caused by a computer glitch. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

ohdwell