[B]I-130 & I-485 For My Wife[/B]

kksurkk

Registered Users (C)
I-130 & I-485 For My Wife

I became a US Citizen September 15th 2006
I have 2 Sons who are US Citizens - 4 Year and 1 Year old
My wife is in H1-B Visa and it expires January 8th 2008 and she is with me for last 5 years.

I filed at Vermont Service Center for I-130 on September 26th
Received a receipt notice on September 29th and will have to wait for their decision. At Vermont Service Center the current processing time for I-130 is of February 2006 applications.

Following are the questions I have :

1) Do any one know approximately how long more it will take for them to make a decision ?

2 ) Since my wife is here in USA, I could have filed I-485 along with I-130, but I didnt know that until I received the receipt notice of I-130.
Can I apply I-485 now along with the Receipt notice of I-130 ?

3) Is Medical examination [ I-673 ] necessary or should I wait for them to ask me to submitt one ?

4 ) Can I submit I-765 [ Employment Authorization Card ] along with my I-845 ?

*** I would like to submit the I-485 by next week.

Appreciate any help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
1) about 7 months...substracting from from Feb to Sept.
2) yes...file 485 now.
3) i am not sure if this needs to be submitted along with the 485...or wait for them to request it....but check the guidelines.
4) her H1-B is still valid...so she does not need EAD. H1-b allows for dual intent so You can save some fee $$.

Machelon,
Thanks for your response.

My wife is not currently working, cause of the second child who went through a Heart Surgery 4 months back and she quite the job. The employer agreed for her to stay until january 2008.

That position is now filled so no opening with the current H-1B sponser.

Within few months she will be ready for starting work again with any new employer. So in that case, is it good to apply for Employment Authorization Card along with I-485 or what is your opinion ?

Last edited by a moderator: