AVR usage during I-94 Validity

prq20

Registered Users (C)
I went to Canada for Landing and came back to US using AVR as my US visa is expired. I was advised by the immigration officer to better get a US visa.

Now I need to go to Canada again and am planning to come back using AVR.

Can I use AVR multiple times till the validity of my I-94?

I went to Canada for Landing and came back to US using AVR as my US visa is expired. I was advised by the immigration officer to better get a US visa.

Yes, you can.

help me please, prq20

Hi prq 20
Our situation is the same like yours.
I hve read your thread about your first landing to Canada.
We have expired F1 (husband) and expired F2 (wife) stamp visa. Adjust status to H1 (husband) and H4 (wife). H visas still valid until 2009.
We are From Indonesia (SR country). We are planning to land to Canada beginning of Sept. Did you use your AVR the second times? How was your experience if so? Will it too musch trouble for us (SR countries) to use the AVR?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Please give us some tips.

Avr

Hi prq20,

I have one question. Last December 2006 I had used AVR. Now I have applied I-485 on July 2007. I am waiting for my 485 receipt notice. Once I receive my recipt notive I am planning to go Canada and use my AVR again with out using AP (travel document). Can I eligible to use AVR again?

Please give your experience. I saw you used AVR when your AOS is still pending (with out using AP).

Thanks,
jdk98

I used AVR (automatic visa revalidation) successfully last week with pending 485 without AP. I do not know how this would affect AP application process currently in progress. I showed the officer at US entry the following documents for entry: valid passport, I-94 that came with H1B approval, and H1B approval notice. Only some trivial questions were asked (kind of job, where we live etc.). No questions about 485 were asked.

Using AVR

Hi ajc,

I'm also planning to land in Canada as a Permanent Resident in next couple of weeks using AVR and return to US. I have an expired H1 visa and a valid H1-B and my current 485 status is pending.

Could you pls let me know which Port of Entry(POE) did you use and what documents did you carry. I'm planning to land in Toronto..Also, did you land by air/road and did you have any problems with questions posed by Immigration Officers while returning to US?

I would really appreciate your inputs...Thanks in Advance

Last edited by a moderator: