AVM Change

unluckywaiter

Registered Users (C)
Do the AVM change after the letters are mailed out for Interviews. I have been waiting for 3.5 months now since my case was transferred to the local office in San jose.

Any information as to what dates the Local office is processing now

thanks
Unluckywaiter

I don\'t believe you, Ciba. AVM is not a reliably source of information..either..

In my own experience, the AVM is only occasionally updated. It is probably up to the clerk handling the papers if he wants to update the AVM.
I got my AP dated July 9, and the AVM has still not been updated. I think that the main purpose of the AVM system is to give people a number to call, so that they won\'t bother the so called officers.

No Title

You believe whatever you want to believe. For approval
or transfer cases, AVM will eventually get updated to
indicate the case status. If AVM were not updated, then
why are people bothering checking the messages at all?

I post my messages based on months of hanging around on
the boards and reading folks messages.

ciba

Ciba, what I mean is that I don\'t beleive the AVM is updated....

...in a consistent and reliable way, and I really think that the purpose of the AVM is to give people that are waiting (and waiting, and waiting...) a number to call, to keep them calm so that they don\'t bother the "working" people at INS.

If the AVM did not exist, these (waiting) people who are also quite smart would figure out the phone numbers and call the clerks that are supposed to handle their applications...
Now, wouldn\'t that be unbearable...! All these people that have been waiting for months and years calling and calling every day, wanting some real answers about what is happening with their applications. It would be really unconvenient to have to answer all these questions!

So someone at INS came up with the bright idea of AVM. Now everyone could get back to their slowmotion world, being protected from the reality by this ingenious AVM system...that keeps those alien idiots out there happy...

Something to think about.