Average time taken by security clearance process for H1b visa

wasimahmed

HI,

I was interview on 22 nov 2006, interview goes well she didn't look into any document. jusk ask about my current job and education. and then in last said that your name is very common and we have to get your finger prints.

finger prints were taken on 24 nov 2006 and she ask that it will take approx 2 months.

my other two friends got visa in 15 days they don't have common names.

now reading from this portal i have seen guys who have been waiting for more than 1 year amazing and very furstating.

are there some guys who got clearnce in 2-3 months. i think we should also post good examples to get moral boost.

what should i do wait, or take my passport back and start looking for other countries.

give your input about average time.

Thanks.

3 ~ 4 months seems to be the average. we would certainly like to have more good examples but none of those people with good experiences, end up on these sites. More details of your friends' good cases will be helpful. What visa types? History? first visa or revalidation etc.?

My friends also applied for H1b visa and got it in 15 days, because they don't have to go through security clearnce process.

Can you please share some more details?

wasimahmed said:
My friends also applied for H1b visa and got it in 15 days, because they don't have to go through security clearnce process.

You can look at my detailed post about my H1B interview exp. in Islamabad at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1591279#post1591279

Do you think that my case is a similar to your friend. You siad that he got his in 15 days, did he has to go through any sort of check at all or was he right away given the token and told that his visa would arrive in mail?

Please share some details as I am anxiusly waiting for my H1 visa stamping.
Thanks

Hi all
I have a strange situation with one of my friend and I am wiriting it here for suggestions for him.
My friend went to Pakistan for marriage and visa restamping as his old one is expired. He came to USA in 2001 and his old stamp expires in 2003. His present I-797 is valid until Jan 2008.
He applied in US embassy for restamping and the took his passport and asked him to wait for adminisrative processing to get done. He is waiting since last year august. Its been 6 months now.
Now just recently he got calls from consulate asking if he is still interested in going to USA. He told them yes he is interested. The third call asked him to produce the new I-797C from USCIS. How can he get the new 797 as the present one is still valid and why are they asking this. What can he do to pacify them. Anybody has any kind of experience.
Please share your experiences so that I can convey him.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

to wasimahmed

Have you heard anything back yet? I was told 2-3 months as well but was not finger printed on 2/28 in Toronto.

H1b 2008 FY

Hi guys i got my Ref No at VT civic center its almost 13 days now and still no update on USCIS site ?
Is there any body who know when it would be updated. I have premium processing submission.