Automatic Visa Revalidation

sivaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can I use automatic visa revalidation to come back to USA from Canada. The visa on my passport has expired but I have a valid H1B notice of approval and I-94. Has anybody come to US from Canada without visa and less than 30 days of travel. Please post details about which border crossing you used and your experience at the border.
Thanks,

AVR

Yes, no problem if you have valid I94, bottom portion of a valid H1B paper and expired visa on your passport and returning within 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Truenblue, Thank you for your reply. Are you telling that the automatic revalidation is valid by your personal experience or your friends experience. Please post details. Thanks

Based on my own experience last week (Rainbow bridge). Use Peace or Rainbow bridge to enter the US. If you have any doubts you better call border POE before leaving US.

Thanks, truenblue. Where is peace bridge and rainbow bridge located? could you please post what happenned at the border also when you came back to usa? Any questions at the border. where do I get phone numbers of POE. Thanks

Peace is in Buffalo and Rainbow is in Niagara falls.
Peace(716) 885-3367, Rainbow (716) 282-3141

They just asked the regular q.
Citizenship ?
Where do you live/work ?
When did you leve US/how long in canada ?
Asked to see my expired H1b visa which is on my other old passport.
I am a special registrant so inspector sent me inside the building for SR.

hope this helps

Goodluck

Are the phone nos. you suggested for Border POE at these bridges?

Do they respond if you call them?

Thanks.

Originally posted by truenblue
Peace is in Buffalo and Rainbow is in Niagara falls.
Peace(716) 885-3367, Rainbow (716) 282-3141

They just asked the regular q.
Citizenship ?
Where do you live/work ?
When did you leve US/how long in canada ?
Asked to see my expired H1b visa which is on my other old passport.
I am a special registrant so inspector sent me inside the building for SR.

hope this helps

Goodluck

Whats a special registrant?

AVR related question

hey guys, i was wondering if you can come back to the US within 30 days ofcourse on AVR for the second time. I have used it once already and because of some personal reasons may have to go back there next month for about a week. Thanks

Avr

Thanks for the speedy reply puhrince....also they stamped my current I-94 (with the FIN number when I was leaving, and on my way back they entered the date on the passport's page right behind the second part of the I-94...So my question is that they didn't give me a new I-94. I called them few days ago when i read about it somewhere, but the guy at the POE said this is standard procedure and that's how they do it if you have an I-94 that's not expired.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If I have an expired F1 visa on the passport, never had H1 stamped but am currently working on H1B ... can I still come back based on I94 ...

webkid_san said:
If I have an expired F1 visa on the passport, never had H1 stamped but am currently working on H1B ... can I still come back based on I94 ...

Yes. You are also eligible for automatic reval. if you have changed your status in the US. Justmake sure you do not travel to any 3rd country from Canada/Mexico, you do not apply for a new visa, you are not froma country that supports terrorism and you do not stay for longer than 30 days. Bring the docs that show proof of the change of status and your current employment. Do not submit your I-94 as you will need it when enetering back...

Thanks for the prompt response, I need to go to Canada to do my landing formalities ... and I plan to come back right away or in couple of days ... do you think its a godd idea to tell them when entering Canada that I will be going back to work ... since I read some where that some time immigration officer get upset if you tell them that I am planning to go back .. If not whats the best answer if at the border they ask if I am planning to go back to US and why ...

webkid_san said:
Thanks for the prompt response, I need to go to Canada to do my landing formalities ... and I plan to come back right away or in couple of days ... do you think its a godd idea to tell them when entering Canada that I will be going back to work ... since I read some where that some time immigration officer get upset if you tell them that I am planning to go back .. If not whats the best answer if at the border they ask if I am planning to go back to US and why ...

I would imagine Candian immigration officers would not really care. Whenever you enter any country, you have to have a reason why (tourism, business, school, employment etc.) all the immigration officers care about -- a reason to enter, I seriously doubt they would turn you down (or get upsate as you are saying) because you told them that you are planning to go back to the US.

Im out of status from April 18th 2011 and my visa is F1
I have I 94 endorsed and D/S and now Im going to get
new I 20 from new university and pay sevis fee
and re enter from Mexican border. Please anybody went
to do this help me

Hi
I had a TN2 visa stamped on my passport (both now expired).
I renewed my passport and have no new visas in it.
Before my TN2 expired I applied and obtained an H1-b change of status with an I-94 giving me 3 years (recently obtained)
Being Mexican, could I travel to Mexico for 4-5 days and come back with no problems?
Is there any forms I need to obtain to do this?
My lawyer said I will need an I-797A but when reading about them on USCIS I noticed it says this is not a form for me to fill out.
What is the officer at POE going to request from me in order to let me back in?
Please let me know all these or more small details. I'm very concern they won't let me back, I have an established life as many of us here in America.