Automatic H1 Visa REvalidation LAW - Visa Appointment Service - Please Reply

harryali

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I am going to CAnada and come back within one week on a valid I-94 card and I have an expired Visa STamp in my passport. I think, According to Automatic Visa Revalidation rule I can come back to USA from Canada/Mexico within in 30 days and as long as I don't apply for new Visa while I am in Canada.

My question is that I scheduled an appointment in US Consulate in Vancouver, at that time I did not know that Icould do the automatic revalidation. Does that violate the law that I have applied for visa or as long as I don't appear in the US consulate physically, Visa appointment is not considered as applying for a new visa?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Haider

I am going to land at the VanCouver Airport, but I have connecting flights from USA to Toroonto to Vancouver. Do I have to the Immigration process in Toronto or in Vancouver?

Thanks,

I am going to land at the VanCouver Airport, but I have connecting flights from USA to Toroonto to Vancouver. Do I have to the Immigration process in Toronto or in Vancouver?

-- You will do immigration in Toronto - your POE. AVR applies to you if you are not the national of one of "those" specified countries..

Connecting Flight

I have around one hour stay in Toronto then connecting flight to Vancouver.

Will that one be enought for Canadian Immigration work? Do I have to claim my baggage at the Toronto Airport or directly at the Vancouver airport?

Thanks

harryali said:
I have around one hour stay in Toronto then connecting flight to Vancouver.

- 1 hr might not be sufficient (I am almost sure) for you to catch your next flight if you are "landing" (to get stamped as an immigrant)

- You will claim your baggage at your POE - which is Toronto and clear customs. The YYZ to YVR flight will be a local flight.

harryali said:
Hey Guys,

I am going to CAnada and come back within one week on a valid I-94 card and I have an expired Visa STamp in my passport. I think, According to Automatic Visa Revalidation rule I can come back to USA from Canada/Mexico within in 30 days and as long as I don't apply for new Visa while I am in Canada.

My question is that I scheduled an appointment in US Consulate in Vancouver, at that time I did not know that Icould do the automatic revalidation. Does that violate the law that I have applied for visa or as long as I don't appear in the US consulate physically, Visa appointment is not considered as applying for a new visa?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Haider

Hello,

Can you please post your experience regarding the automatic revalidation. Were you able to use it. I will have to use it soon.

Thanks for your help.