August case finally approved

gc_frustrating

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

It has been an extremely long wait for the 485 approval but finally it finished. My lawyer called me on May 8 and told me that both mine and my wife's cases have been approved before she sent an inquiry to INS. Yesterday we went to JFK building in Boston and had our passports stamped. Although we have been waiting for this day for long time, surprisingly I didn't feel very happy. Maybe it is because it has been too long.

Here is the detail of our case:
RD: 8/6/2001
ND: 9/26/2001
FP: 12/18/2001
AD: 5/2/2003

There is no RFE. I first called IIO sometime in Oct., 2002, was told not assigned yet and to wait for 3-6 months. In Dec. called them again and was told that I-140 was not retrieved. It seemed to me that VSC treated my case as CP and tried to retrieve I140 from consulate office while it was in NVC. After that called them many times trying to have the problem fixed but each time either they told me nothing or "it is our job and we know how to do it and just wait". In March 2003, I called NVC and found out that finally VSC asked I-140 from the right place. At the end of April I had my lawyer check with VSC and she told me the case hasn't been assigned. In beginning of May lawyer said that she was going to file an inquiry then she called me the next day and told me she found our cases were approved from the online message.

For the people who are still waiting endlessly, keep your spirit up and your turn would be next.

************ CTS*****************

It is nature that if a person is hungry and give hime a good food he enjoys a great deal. However if is too hungry, starving.. then he justeats for survival feels no taste,

But you can get taste of your approval

Just write down a diary like thing all your experiences right from FOF:

you definitely feel proud of your achievements

Originally posted by gc_frustrating
Hi,

It has been an extremely long wait for the 485 approval but finally it finished. My lawyer called me on May 8 and told me that both mine and my wife's cases have been approved before she sent an inquiry to INS. Yesterday we went to JFK building in Boston and had our passports stamped. Although we have been waiting for this day for long time, surprisingly I didn't feel very happy. Maybe it is because it has been too long.

Here is the detail of our case:
RD: 8/6/2001
ND: 9/26/2001
FP: 12/18/2001
AD: 5/2/2003

There is no RFE. I first called IIO sometime in Oct., 2002, was told not assigned yet and to wait for 3-6 months. In Dec. called them again and was told that I-140 was not retrieved. It seemed to me that VSC treated my case as CP and tried to retrieve I140 from consulate office while it was in NVC. After that called them many times trying to have the problem fixed but each time either they told me nothing or "it is our job and we know how to do it and just wait". In March 2003, I called NVC and found out that finally VSC asked I-140 from the right place. At the end of April I had my lawyer check with VSC and she told me the case hasn't been assigned. In beginning of May lawyer said that she was going to file an inquiry then she called me the next day and told me she found our cases were approved from the online message.

For the people who are still waiting endlessly, keep your spirit up and your turn would be next.

congratulations. Were you finger-printed a second time?

Hi gc_frustrating,
No more frustrations for you. Congratulations....
Please post your stamping experience @ JFK building in Boston.

Thanks

--------------------------
I485
RD 23Jan2002
ND 04Feb 2002

Heartiest Congratulations!!! Take leave, go to some nice place and have fun. You deserve it!!!!! :) Wish you all the best.

Lots of Congratulations. Your frustration is understandable but now you should see in future not past. Have fun and enjoy the weekend.

Conratulations!

You deserve huge congratulations!

BCIS (formerly INS) often screws up things and we have to suffer the consequences. My I-140 was also approved for CP although I clearly marked "applicant is within USA and will apply AOS".

I called NVC when I released my "I-140 approval was sent to NVC for further CP actions". NVC told me that they would put a note on my case and not send my file to the consulate. But the drawback is that my file is with NVC now and waiting for BCIS to ask it back when they start to adjudicate my I-485 case. This "simple request for file transfer" may take xxx months – you never know. It would be much better if INS had not made this stupid mistake and kept my file at INS (VSC) for I-485 adjudication.

Anyways, my approval may be still a few months away. I'll wait and see how this "file transfer" between two bureaucracies (DHS and D. of State) will affect my case.

Good luck to all.

You deserve many congratulations my friend!! Don't allow the bad taste (late approval) to affect your future plans. Hope you will able to make up for all the lost time. Wish you good luck, fella!! :)

Thanks for the encouragement from all of your friends!

Here is the answer for the questions some people asked:

1) My case is EB2

2) There was no second FP request, which also surprised me. My lawyer thought the chance to get a second FP was very high.

3) About the passport stamping: My wife and I went to JFK building in Boston at 7:30am. After taking photo in the building, we waited for about one and half hour in line to get a number. When we finally got in the room E160, it was about 9am and the bulletin showed that they were processing No. 403. I thought we could be done very soon since our number was 450. But the processing was really slow (it took one officer 20~30 minutes to process one and they took 1 hour for lunch). When it finally came to our turn, it was almost 3pm. Although we waited 6 hours, it didn't bother me that much since I have already waited for 21 months for the approval.

My advice to those who are going to have passport stamping: go there as early as you can.

Good luck to everyboday and best wishes.