• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August 2024 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

C. THE DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2024 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICACurrentExcept: Algeria 108,500
Egypt 57,000
Morocco 70,000
ASIA27,500Except: Iran 22,000
Nepal 13,000
EUROPE50,000Except: Russia 49,500
Uzbekistan 17,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)Current
OCEANIA2,700
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

This is an insane decision by the VO. The only reason I can think of is that they want to give a chance to people assigned to small posts and utilize 55k fully...

C. THE DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2024 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Those Listed Separately
Egypt 57,000
Morocco 70,000
Nepal 13,000
Uzbekistan 17,000
OCEANIA2,700
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

This is an insane decision by the VO. The only reason I can think of is that they want to give a chance to people assigned to small posts and utilize 55k fully...
I haven’t been following progress this year - can you briefly explain why insane? Thanks!

Those Listed Separately
Egypt 57,000
Morocco 70,000
Nepal 13,000
Uzbekistan 17,000
OCEANIA2,700
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

Does this mean everyone is going to be working extremely hard and quickly to fulfill all these current numbers?

Or is it basically setting many up to fail as they can’t process that many in the available time, plus those numbers would put them well over 55k right?

Does this mean everyone is going to be working extremely hard and quickly to fulfill all these current numbers?

Or is it basically setting many up to fail as they can’t process that many in the available time, plus those numbers would put them well over 55k right?
Setting who to fail? Embassies? Note that those numbers apply for September. There's nothing going on "quickly". I doubt that they can invite enough people to reach and break 55k this year.

Setting who to fail? Embassies? Note that those numbers apply for September. There's nothing going on "quickly". I doubt that they can invite enough people to reach and break 55k this year.
Thanks - I meant individual people would fail at their chance/opportunity. But yeh, I guess if they can't schedule that many interviews in September....... then it's really just getting people's hopes up.

Visa issuances this time last year were 7000 plus what it is now, even with the huge jump I think there'd be significantly less drama than last year because they probably won't be able to over-schedule.

Unless the process has changed from when I was close to it, they already pretty much know who’s going to be interviewed and the letters are being prepped for sending?

Visa issuances this time last year were 7000 plus what it is now, even with the huge jump I think there'd be significantly less drama than last year because they probably won't be able to over-schedule.
Do you happen to know about this year's visa issuance until now. Thank you

I think the whole point of increasing the visa bulletin numbers is to increase scheduling. That way highly productive embassies will schedule more cases. Also other very quite embassies which usually had less cases on a monthly basis will now be able to schedule more.

As @Britsimon had explained in his youtube channel this morning, higher case numbers will now have more chances then some lower cases due to the embassy that they have been assigned to.

I also realized as of last year May over 40,000 cases for CP had been issued visas. This year is slow. Fingers crossed and like I said this is my personal observation. I’m not a Lottery expert. Just my analysis from the website as well

I also realized as of last year May over 40,000 cases for CP had been issued visas. This year is slow. Fingers crossed and like I said this is my personal observation. I’m not a Lottery expert. Just my analysis from the website as well
Apparently last year at current date 41,832 visas issued. This year for today's data it shows 33,738 issued visas. So it is 8094 less visa issuances than last. This gives me more hope that they won't finish the quota before September 30.

Apparently last year at current date 41,832 visas issued. This year for today's data it shows 33,715 issued visas. So it is 8117 less visa issuances than last. This gives me more hope that they won't finish the quota before September 30.
Hopefully. Things can change in August. The prayer is to get your case adjudicated before September hits. I’m confident by August 31st there will still be visas available. All we can do is now Pray and wait