Aug 98 RFE Recvd

Brar

Registered Users (C)
PD/ND Aug-98. I might be the eldest case from 98 that is still unapproved and no hopes of salvation in the near term. Received letter from VSC stating that they have erroneously misclassified my I-140 as EB2 and think that I should be EB3 as my work experience did not qualify for the former. Mind you, I applied for I-140 in May of 98 and was approved in July 98. My question is that what are my options right now. Do I have to file a new I 140 or can the original be modified as EB3 and request expedited approval. Any suggestions will be appreciated as I did everything by the book and it was VSC that made the wrong clarification.

No Title

Brar,
 I think I may be in the same boat. In my case, my first time I140 application was denied stating that I can not be EB2 (even though I\'m MCA from India and had 3+ years experience prior to joining my current company). So my lawyer filed a reply asking for I140 approval under EB3 category, but then INS came back with approval as EB2. Now my lawyer is telling me that they could be re-considering my case as EB3. my details are PD 7/97, RD 4/99, ND 5/99 FP 3/00.

Thanks,

No Title

Brar, In your case, apply for expedited resolution.

Since INS has accepted (as per the letter they sent you) of a mistake from their end, you must put in an application for expedited adjudication of your application. I believe they will grant the request. Mention that your case is nearly a year older than where VSC is adjudicating applications now (July 1999). Good luck.

No Title

Thanks for your suggestion. I am so so frusturated here but don\'t want to give up.

No Title

Hello Brar,

I am also suspecting that something like yours have happened in my case also.I have some questions to ask you.

Would you please send an email to vsc485@yahoo.com

Thanks for your response