Aug 2001 filers with expired FP pleae reply

namu

Registered Users (C)
I am curious to see how many of us are still left with expired FP. Can I go to the local office and get my FP done?

Thanks

Namu

Namu,

My ND is 09/01 and FP expired in April 2004. I received my 2nd FP notice last week and did it the very next day.

sg_rg2

Me too with expired F.P...

I am also waiting for them to reissue my F.P.

RD:- 06/01
ND:- 08/01
FP:- 11/02

Sadboy.

sg_rg2

you wrote that you got your FP done the next day? so there no specific day by which you need to do it. It is really sad that we 2001 filers are stuck.

Did your on-lne message change?

Thanks,

Namu

Iam sure all of you would have done all of these... if not do it.

while pending approval
do
1. 1-800 #
2. senator
3. congressmen
4. expedite processing fax
5. expedite processing request regular mail by attorney

sleep for 30 days

done

:)

It is unjust that 2002/2003 applicants being approved and 2001 applicants still waiting....

My wife's I-485(Dependent)

RD : 08/20/2001
ND : 09/27/2001
FP : 04/16/03.
NO RFE's.
Filed Inquiry on May 14th.

We changed address this weekend, will call USCIS tomorrow and inform them. Hoping, it gets approved before the FP expires.

(Primary got approved on Mar 5th 2004)

FP expired

My FP got expired on May 2004.
I have talked with 800 number.
They told 2nd FP requirement is depends on Officer.
So, If Officer think 2nd FP is required than they issue FP.
So, there is no consistent rule.. GOD only knows

RD/ND Jan 2002
FP Feb 2003
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????
waiting more than 45 days

namu said:
sg_rg2

you wrote that you got your FP done the next day? so there no specific day by which you need to do it. It is really sad that we 2001 filers are stuck.

Did your on-lne message change?

Thanks,

Namu

Namu,

Yes I went for my 2nd FP before my scheduled date. I went to the "Application Service Center" where my FP was scheduled and asked them if I could do it ASAP and they obliged. These are private contractors and they are usually courteous, helpful and nice.

My online message has since been updated to reflect that the USCIS have received my FP. That doesn't give me any peace of mind though because I watched the same status for 15 months after my first FP which ultimately expired.

It is really sad!

sg_rg2

We did our 2nd FP a month ago, but still waiting

I talked to our local congressman's office and was told that since we just redid our FP, we will have to give INS some time to process our case.... But it's already over 30 days after the online status changed to FP received...

So I'd encourage all of you with expired FP to get another FP notice and get it done asap.

My FP will expire in a month from now. I have sent reply to my RFE and TSC has asked me to wait for 15 days. If they do not approve me before my FP expires then it will add delay to my case. The question that comes to me is,

"What can I do today, so that they issue me another FP notice?"

My local ASC is nice and gets FP done in minutes and before scheduled date. That way, I can have my new FP sent to TSC immediately after the first one expires. I do not want to give the officer a chance to say that everything is ok in your case but now we need to do FP the second time as first one expired.

I think all of you guys should be concerned about Approval. Forget FP, call/Fax and remind the nitwits about offical process date moving to 2002.

Way back people did get approval inspite of FP's. Even now I see online status changes from Received to Approved (I am not sure if this indicates FP was not done). I also remember some folks in this forum itself mentioning getting approved after 1st FP expiry.