Attorney Fees for AC140

piske

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My attorney seems to be too slow in dealing with these things and they charge more too. Does anyone know if I can choose my own lawyer and if so how much do they charge for filing AC140 for me and my wife.
Does it make a difference if my 140 was filed by a different firm than the one who is certifying for AC140?

Tx,
Piske

piske

Does anyone know if I can choose my own lawyer and if so how much do they charge for filing AC140 for me and my wife.
Answer: Yes you can chose your own lawyer. Charges would vary by the lawyer. I would suggest go with a good lawyer and dont think of only the money aspect. You dont want to go a cheap lawyer to save money and then realize that you are gettting nowhere in the AC I-140 process. In the lon run it will definitely be worth spending tht extra $500/ 1000 or whatever it is on a good lawyer.

Does it make a difference if my 140 was filed by a different firm than the one who is certifying for AC140?
Answer: You will need to change a new lawyer representation form which your new lawyer can tell you how to fill. This will take upto 2-3 weeks to go into effect. SO chose a lawyer, file change lawyer form and then rest of the ac I-140 process can be carried out by your new lawyer.

Not trying to put words in your mouth but Check with Rajv Khanna's paralegals they have immense knowledge and experience in the AC I-140 arena unlike other law firm who have no experience!