attitudes at local representative's office

michal

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, I am becoming convinced that the only way to push the changes in immigration policy we want is to keep communicating our side of the story to the senators and representatives, because they are aware of the problem, they just simply do not understand our specific situations.

Yesterday I got a call from the office of the representative for my area from one of his office staff members. When I brought up the injustice of being stuck in the same job category you know what she said? She said well that is OK because the employer has to pay the $1000 at the beginning of the process.

Obviously she herself has not made up her mind. She is on our side and at the same time she isn't. The only way to flip these guys and gals on our side is to tell them the specific facts of our situations, for example being stuck in processing for up to 5 years after I-140 filling. That needs to be repeated over and over and over again. Here you go www.congress.org Michal.

5 years after I-140 filing?? who got stuck that long? Isn't that a false statement? I believe the average is 3 years. That's what the processing time is too.

I think the argument should be more like how come other centers process the cases quicker than TSC.

Madhav

Originally posted by Mad Par
5 years after I-140 filing?? who got stuck that long? Isn't that a false statement? I believe the average is 3 years. That's what the processing time is too.

I think the argument should be more like how come other centers process the cases quicker than TSC.

Madhav

I filed for my I-140 in the summer of 2000, here I am March of 2004 still waiting for my GC approval, so is not 5 but close to 4 years since I filed for I-140.

--Sebis

Mad Par 3 years?!?

I am looking at 4 years myself, Mad Par did you think three years from the filing of I-485?

If so I agree from filing of I-485 you can expect under the current circumstances to be approved in three years that is from filing I-485.

However, the current circumstances are changing all the time aren't they and if the Texas Service center goes back to its old self who can guarantee they do not slip back to 3 or even 4 years of processing?

I filed for 140 on Jan 2001..and got my 485 approved Jan 2004..so thats like hmm.. 3 yrs to me.. that's where my number comes from...there r some in the forum waiting for more than 5yrs..and some got approved in first year of 485 (lucky ones i guess).. so i said average 3yrs..i might be wrong or right..

but i think arguing based on different process times is better than to tell them..why can't u finish this in a week?

Madhav

They know this already

Mad Par I would agree with you if it was not for that phone call I had yesterday from the lady who works at West Tennessee representative's office. She clearly was aware of the fact that there are differences in processing times, and the reason she said is because the officers in Texas are supposedly mainly contract workers that do not even speak very good English. That is what she said, that is not my opinion.

So see she knows there are differences she is just NOT convinced that we immigrants really deserve a break, because she is not aware of people who wait 5 years since filing I-140. if she was she would be more willing to press the issue.

Michal.

true..none cares until they r in our shoes..which they will not ever..

btw with concurrent filing of 140 and 485..she might say that 5yrs is only on rare occasions...i'd doubt any concurrent filer might have to wait 5yrs b4 his case is adjudicated..

Madhav

but u r right..most of them dont understand the plight..