ATTENTION ALL AOS filers (initially APPROVED FOR CP )

Baba Yaga

Registered Users (C)
ARe you guys proactively contacting the US consulate specified
in your I-140 as also the INS to get your cases back from the consulate? I tried to ask this question in Sheela Murthy\'s chat session yesterday, but apparently this question was not general enough for it to be answered!

Response from Attorney "Sheela Murthy" in one of her chat sessions.

But the response from NVC is different....For more details check the other discussion in this forum "Receipt/EAD Tracker in December 2001" (#50 thru #57)

Chat User : Can I file my I-485 (AOS) although the I-140 Notice of Approval is for CP? Or do I have to ask INS for another Notice of Approval (AOS)?
Attorney Murthy : One can file for the AOS even if the notice states CP, but it is a good idea to contact the NVC to ensure that they do not send your package to the foreign country consulate or if they have already sent it, that they get it back. Often they will speak to you over the telephone or you can write to them.

EAC 01-073-xxxxx, ND 01/05/01

I did send a request to my consulate in Mumbai no response yet it is 2 days already. I sent the request by e-mail.

No Title

I sent an e-mail to chennai. Here is their reply.
"The case is here. You may ask INS to request us to send the case back to them.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000
"

No Title

Go to a search engine or web site of the Deptt of State.
You should be able to get some info there.

Has anyone spoken/email to NVC about stopping there case from being send to foriegn consulate and got positive reply ??????????????

I got a reply from Chennai Consulate

I had initially spoken to NVC and they gave me the file reference at Madras for my EAC. I sent an email to Chennai consulate and they sent a reply today, saying \'You may request INS to ask us to transfer the file back to them\'. Spoke with our attorney and she is going to talk to Vermont.

Hope this helps.

No Title

I talked to IIO today. She told me that I donot have to do anything regarding the file in Chennai and INS will request it if needed.