attending citizenship interview with a family member

nalexeeva

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone help with this question: my parents who are both advanced in age have their citizenship interview next week. While they both speak decent English, they would feel much more comfortable if I go to the citizenship interview with them. Is that allowed? I am actually an attorney (but not an immigration one). Will it help or hurt if they appoint me as their official legal representative? Will I be then allowed into the interview?

Thank you

Natasha

I do not believe you have to be an immigration lawyer to represent someone for such administrative type issues. However, you must be an attorney-on-record before the interview to avoid any refusal of entry on interview day. I will go ahead and do it. It does not cost any money and the worst they can do is say no.

Can anyone help with this question: my parents who are both advanced in age have their citizenship interview next week. While they both speak decent English, they would feel much more comfortable if I go to the citizenship interview with them. Is that allowed? I am actually an attorney (but not an immigration one). Will it help or hurt if they appoint me as their official legal representative? Will I be then allowed into the interview?

Thank you

Natasha