Attended interview today and New Delhi

vmanish

Registered Users (C)
Guys I have attended my CP interview today at New Delhi consulate.

Interview was scheduled at 9AM and reached there at 8:30AM. Went straight inside consular section and did not have to wait in queue outside as other members have mentioned. Handed over my interview letter to guy inside and he asked me to sit and wait. After 30 minutes was called to window # 17 and an Inidan guy, who had all my docs which I have submitted to VFS started asking couple question like when did you get married, asking who is Mr. XXX (my wife 's parent Name) and how he is related to you and same thing asked with my wife about my parent. Asked me when did you come back to india etc. After this he collected passports from both of us and handed over all docs which I have submitted to VFS back to me except PCC. He said wait for a while and you will be called again.

After around 40 minutes we were called at windows # 15 and there was an Amercan lady asked couple question like when did I get married and if I have been already working in US, How many kids I have and if they are USC.

No one has collected anything like W2, 1040, bank statements, I-134 etc.

Last question she asked me that if I work as sioftware engineer and I said YES. Finally she said you will get your passport back in a week from VFS. She did not mention anything like "congrats you IV has been approved and you are noe permanent resident kind of statement".

When I have submitted my DS-230 Part 1 initially in US, I have mentioned SOFTWARE ENGINEER as my present occupation on question number 12 on DS230 part1. But when I refilled the DS-230 part 1 again before interview i have mentioned exact job title "datawarehouse developer" (which was on my labor cert). Do you guys thing when she asked me if I am SOFTWARE ENGINEER, she was checking it and have rejected it.

when they reject, do you think they will still say "you will get your passport in a week" or if it was rejection, she could have clearly told after the interview.

Guys, please help me with your opinion as I will not be able to sleep well until I get my passport.

Thanks a lot for all the information presented on this forum by great people.

-vman

Hello Vmanish,
You are all set.
If they had rejected or had issues, they would have put the case pending and given you a document stating why it is pending.

When I had my interview I wasn't asked for W-2's pay stubs, bank statements etc, Actually the only paperwork I was asked for was aletter from the employer stating that I will have a job when I return to the US. (Ofcourse other mandatory stiff like Birth cert, pCC , medical etc was asked).

No one said, congrajulations, you are now a permanent rsident etc either.
I had same experience as you. "You are all set, You can pick up your Passport at the VFS".

thanks all. I also think that I got it as they called me at my home and said you forgot to submit draft of $45, so come back next day and submit it. If they had rejected, then they wouldn't have asked for visa issuance fee.

I glad that it is over.

-vman

Heartiest Congratulations..!

thanks all. I also think that I got it as they called me at my home and said you forgot to submit draft of $45, so come back next day and submit it. If they had rejected, then they wouldn't have asked for visa issuance fee.

I glad that it is over.

-vman

Vman,

Heartiest Congratulations...Enjoy your freedom...!

-
Tude

Congrats !

Hi Manish
Hope you are still hooked onto this site ! I have been looking for someone to get their CP done from Delhi to pounce on and ask a whole bunch of questions. Anyways, will let you settle down and take this moment in before I jump the GUN...

For others waiting to for their CPs to be approved, power to us, family and the support systems for putting up with this really really lengthy journey ! I might have to use another thread to explain my really really loooong experience with this wonderful process that brought me back to India on a 2 year expat. agreement with the same organization in the hope that I can scratch the itch called the Green Card (like MJ said it when he joined the Wizards !)

Cheers :)

EB2 LC (VA) 12/10/2002
LC - Received RIR Approval Notice 06/23/2006
I140 - F/P 08/02/2006
I140 - Done 01/26/2007
CP - Visa fees submitted to DoS 04/03/2007
CP - Instruction Package filed with NVC 06/22/2007

Surprise !

Guys

I had sent a message to the NVC automated message system back on the 19th of July about my case and got this response on the 2nd of August, don't know how to react to it..any thoughts :-(

"Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The
NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in
your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US
Embassy/Consulate General for further processing.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or
Consulate General."

EB2 LC (VA) 12/10/2002
LC - Received RIR Approval Notice 06/23/2006
I140 - F/P 08/02/2006
I140 - Done 01/26/2007
CP - Visa fees submitted to DoS 04/03/2007
CP - Instruction Package filed with NVC 06/22/2007
CP - Package sent to the Delhi Consulate (around middle of July ?!)