ATLANTA PP Stamping experience

xcom

Registered Users (C)
We arrived 6AM but were confused on directions, so finally got to the office at 6.30AM, parking at the right across the street. The Oriental guy with little english asked for $5. I said no change; he asked for the car keys which I surrendered.

The entry was really erratic. No one checked my IDs as I passed thru security! We waited for 10 minutes and got a token no. (separate for me & wife) and went in to the main room. There were about 15 people sitting. We waited and waited! Finally, they started calling and your no. was lighted in the counter. There were 6 women and about 2 men but 3-4 counters open out of 8. All kind of cases were being called, from urgent AP to EAD to PPS. Finally, after waiting 75-80 minutes me and wife were called to different counters. I got the white bearded guy and wife got the black big women. My guy was busy talking to the other white lady officer next to him. He is intelligent though. Even though he was complaining to her about their policies, vacation, etc, he managed to do my job thoroughly (at least I think he did). The wife's officer was really quick. I was told to expect the card in 30-90 days BUT my wife was told 3-9 months!!! We walked out with our stamps of freedom by 8.25AM and wondered what else to do in Atlanta this early.

I-140 RD: Nov 06, 2002
I-485 RD: March 05, 2003
FP: July 21, 2004
2nd EAD: July 07, 2004
Both AD: Aug 03, 2004
PP Stamp: Aug 12, 2004
Card order: Aug 20, 2004
Card mail: Aug 25, 2004
Card received: Aug 26, 2004
EB-2 (RIR) - TSC