At Last i can Vote in US

Cp_Mad

Registered Users (C)
Hi Fellow immigrants
I am glad to inform you all that myself and my wife have taken oath on 02/02/2007 here in St.Louis

First of all I want to thank the sponsors of this site and various contributors here, who has enriched my knowledge of US immigration laws and laid down the path for my successful immigration.

My journey started on FEB 19th 1998 when I set my foot on US soil. Ever since I have relentlessly pursued to get citizenship for my self and my family.

During my green card process this site has nourished and kept my hopes high.
I had my CP in Madras (Now Chennai), India and that is how my email id on this site is (CP_MAD) which was on 09/20/2001.
I was to fly to India on 09/15/2001 and most of you recall that all international flights were cancelled after the sad September 11 incident.
I caught the first Lufthansa flight that was leaving to keep my appointment and successfully attended the CP process.
There also due to the over Enthusiasm of the Doctor who was supposed to give a clean chit of health to my wife I was delayed and harassed.
I have entered as a Permanent Resident on 10/13/2001 back, and filed my N400 in July 2006. My interview was on 11/9/2006.

My Advise for Citizenship interview is, keep all your paper work complete. For my interview they didn’t ask me to show any documents, although I carried all the papers that is suggested on this site including all my bank statements I paid for my traffic tickets etc. The interviewing officer has put an innocent question like, any body injured in the accident you had. Since I had my paper work complete I was more confident to answer her question. So be aware how confident you are when you reply to the questions that are posed. I know some people may question why do u need all the paper work when they don’t look at it, my answer is, do your home work and get through first time.

I want to thank each and every one of you who made it your business to help fellow immigrants by sharing your experience and mistakes / twists you have faced, which has helped me to successfully complete my Citizenship process.

On the same day i got my Citizenship certificate, i applied for my passport(expedited process) and registered as a voter.
:)
I wish all of you good luck and speedy Citizenship process.

Congratulations!!!

thanks for sharing your experiences. please hang around and help for a few more months. Can you give a first hand report of how you answered questions relating to traffic incident? there are a bunch of questions, are u cited, arrested etc. Can you please tell the answers you put down to the questions. Also it will be great if you can put down the 10 civics questions they asked you. Did you memorize all 100 ?

Hi Cp-Mad!

First, congratulations!

Would you happen to remember when you got your oath letter?

desihai said:
Also it will be great if you can put down the 10 civics questions they asked you. Did you memorize all 100 ?

Oh, come on. You've lived here for 5 years. You want to be a citizen here. One of the criteria is "attachment to the constitution", i.e., attachment to the country.

You shouldn't just "memorize all 100". You should just "know" those 96 questions - they should be part of your "american-ness". I'm told that they don't even ask the tough "13 original colonies" question (which, from memory were (from north to south): NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA).

Take your waiting time and read a book on American history - get "attached", become American!

Congratulations!!!

thanks for sharing your experiences. please hang around and help for a few more months. Can you give a first hand report of how you answered questions relating to traffic incident? there are a bunch of questions, are u cited, arrested etc. Can you please tell the answers you put down to the questions. Also it will be great if you can put down the 10 civics questions they asked you. Did you memorize all 100 ?

Desihai
i wrote about my interview experience, including the civics questions i was asked. hope you find this helpful.

my interview experience