At Last Approved for kannancr - Also need help

Kannancr

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
  Today I heard the magic words in the AVM. Yeah I got approved. Last week thursday I spoke to IIO for the first time in this entire journey. She is good and said my case is with an office and will take max 40 days. Today I went out and came back checked AVM at 8.00 Pm and got the good news. Will wait for the notice to arrive in mail ( which goes to lawyer ).

EB3 / Pd Jan 99 / ND Oct 99 / FP Mar 01 / RFE 10th Jul /
Response Jul 26rd / AD Aug 6th

I changed my residence from Pittsburgh to Louisville, Kentucky recently. But the address is not yet updated in INS. Can I still go to INS at louisville ( which belong to Texas Service centre ) or should I have to go to Pittsburgh only. I will go with the original approval notice which comes from lawyer. Will they ask why I am coming for stamping here instead of Pittsburgh.

I am using this forum for last two plus years and I have noticed good support from OCT2000 and others also. Congrats to them as well as for others who are still waiting for their approval and posting good info for others.

Last three days this site is down and I am holding my breath since I am trying to see approvals for cases who responded to RFE around the same time I did. Today the site came back alive just now and I posted this big story. Best of luck for people who are waiting for their approvals. I love my company / my lawyer / of course my nation India / Hope our country solves difference with pakistan too / love this immigrant nation.

Catch u tomorrow since time for me to go to dinner ( may be some beer too if my wife allows me to take today ).

Akshaya Kannan

No Title

Congrats. I have been looking for your posting.Have fun.
Self Recd RFE on 7/24 Replied on 8/6. The AVM says another 500 days. Any input from you is appreicated

dont worry for me till saturday last week AVM says RFE sent on bla

Hi
  Once your RFE reaches INS ( by wed / thursday this week ) also the AVM will not gets updated. Mostly it will say either 540 days or RFE sent. Probably by next week end or the following week you can expect your approval. Best of luck.

Akshaya Kannan

No Title

Thanks man. The AVM says that the response was recieved today and it says that it will take another 540 days. Well God knows. Everyday has been tough thinking about getting laid off. I hope there are no more RFE\'s.

You have fun and enjoy your freedom

No Title

Kannan, I am glad to see your approval posting! I know you have been waiting for a while for PD to become current and you just missed with few days in June. Finally you got it after a long wait. Congratulations!!!

Regarding passport stamping you can go to your nearest local INS office and get PP stamped. Technically there is no difficulties to get PP stamped any local INS office, you will receive your GC(Actual Card) from VSC which you can expect with 45 days. Lately I have seen some posts, INS asking to go for a stamping on a scheduled date and time at a particular office(Usually local to your residence address). Though you got a appointment still can go to different local office for PP stamping.

Getting PP stamping is a optional thing to use for travel purposes, lately it became almost certain because we are not sending our index finger print and sometimes even photographs. Which makes we have to go for stamping to give them finger print and latest photographs. Optionally they will collect I-94,EAD and AP documents from you!

Hope this helps! Wish you Good Luck in your future endeavors!

Thanx Oct2000

You are doing such a great job by managing immitracker. Damn you are remembering the details of each and every guy also. Also you can have a separate web site for advice for GC processing since you acquired more knowledge than any otherimmigration attorneys. Cool. Great Job.

Oct2000, need advise, please

Oct 2000 , i have a question for you regarding the answer you gave, could you please tell me if i can give the different address during stamping , so that i will receive the plastic card at the new residence. I just did not want to change the address now , because i figured my lawyer will receive the approval notice at the time of approval anyway , and i think i will also be able to receive the courtesy copy , since i still have some limited access to the previous address. Also my new address will most probably in the same service center area. And finally thanks for all the contribution you have made to this discussion, i browse this almost every day, i wish you luck for you for your quick approval

Thanks,
EB3 other, ND 02/01, FP 6/01

No Title

mt, I remembered atleast two postes they have changed their address at the time of PP stamping. It is not at all a problem. Since you already have your FP done, there is no harm in calling INS and change your address whenever you have enough time to spent on redialing VSC #.

No Title

Congrats!!! Enjoy your life now.

You will also receive courtesy copy. Your lawyer will receive the oroginal.

Congratulations!!

Great news, finally your ordeal is over. Wishing you and your family all the best!

jpol

No Title

Thanks man. The AVM says that the response was recieved today and it says that it will take another 540 days. Well God knows. Everday has been tough thinking about getting laid off. I hope there are no more RFE\'s.

You have fun and enjoy your freedom

No Title

Kannan, I am glad to see your approval posting! I know you have been waiting for a while for PD to become current and you just missed with few days in June. Finally you got it after a long wait. Congratulations!!!

Regarding passport stamping you can go to your nearest local INS office and get PP stamped. Technically there is no dificulties to get PP stamped any local INS office, you will receive your GC(Actual Card) from VSC which you can expect with 45 days. Lately I have seen some posts, INS asking to go for a stamping on a scheduled date and time at a particular office(Usuallay local to your residence address). Though you got a appointment still can go to different local office for PP stamping.

Getting PP stamping is a optional thing to use for travel puposes, lately it became almost certain beacuse we are not sending our index finger print and sometimes even photographs. Which makes we ahve to go for stamping to give them finger print and latest photographs. Optionally they will collect I-94,EAD and AP documets from you!

Hope this helps! Wish you GoodLuck in your future endeavors!