Asylum Online Status

hhhooppeeful

Hello all,

I applied for asylum in New Orleans in May 2018 and had my interview in October, though haven't received my decision yet. I applied for my EAD in November (after 180 days) and i received a receipt notice yesterday. But my problem is, when i use the receipt number from the ead application to check the status online, it says "Case was received" but when I use my Z# from the asylum application it says "fees were waived". Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I applied for asylum in New Orleans in May 2018 and had my interview in October, though haven't received my decision yet. I applied for my EAD in November (after 180 days) and i received a receipt notice yesterday. But my problem is, when i use the receipt number from the ead application to check the status online, it says "Case was received" but when I use my Z# from the asylum application it says "fees were waived". Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance
When it states 'fees are waived' it normally means your case has been approved. Congrats.

Thank you!
That’s what I’ve been reading too. But what worries me is that it has been a few days since I started seeing this message, but the only letter I’ve received is the one from my EAD application. Do you know how long it takes to get the approval letter?