Asylum interview

Vittel

Hello everyone,
I applied for asylum May 2019. Already did my fingers prints and etc abs now I’m waiting for my interview. My friend applied month before me and got his interview appointment in 21 days. So is it true that now someone goes in front of the line and someone goes on back of the line?
Maybe there is someone else who applied in 2019 and what’s your waiting time?
Applied in Boston.
Thank you!

welcome to the club, lol at your question cos nobody can emphatically give an answer.... 2017 applicant here ....may 2017

Unfortunately based on the timelines here in the forum, initial asylum interviews could take anywhere between 4 to 5 years. It will take an additional amount of time (measured in years) if you get referred to the immigration court. I know it sucks, but this is the unfortunate reality of this time due to the number of applicants . I suggest you live your life without thinking about it everyday because that is all you can do.

Hello everyone,
I applied for asylum May 2019. Already did my fingers prints and etc abs now I’m waiting for my interview. My friend applied month before me and got his interview appointment in 21 days. So is it true that now someone goes in front of the line and someone goes on back of the line?
Applied in Boston.
Thank you!
Hi Vittel,
I applied at the end of September 2019 Fingerprints in February 13th 2020
EAD in summer during coronavirus
Still waiting for my interview (Miami, FL)
I really hope it will be in 2021-2022

I'm waiting for my decision since July 2017... can't imagine to wait just for the interview. Good luck!

Hello everyone,
Applied in Boston.
Thank you!
Hey I applied in Boston too august 17 2020 I already have my ead and ssn, and I did the biometrics… I’m still waiting for my interview, you have news from your case? Or interview?

I want to share my experience and timeline

SENT I-589 : JUNE 1 2020

FIRST BIO : AUGUST 20 2020 MISSED IT

SECOND BIO : SEPTEMBER 14 2020

EXPEDITE REQUEST GRANTED : FEBRUARY 2021

expedite request said quote cant schedule your interview now due to covid restrictions because i live in circuit ride location and interview is not being done at this time.

READY TO BE SCHEDULED : NOVEMBER 2 2021

INTERVIEW DAY NOVEMBER 30 2021

Officer was asking for one document i forgot to add he said i should mail it to the asylum office if i do not do it on time he is going to request it so i should try send it.

My question is was that a good thing, If it was going to be refered would he have wanted the document?

It was a police report i forgot to bring when i lost my passport.

STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION PENDING DECEMBER 1 2021

Please I am stressed right now let me know your thought guys thank you.

Yes I believe that this document can be an important part for your case, do you have contact with someone who can help you with this? And how would I go about placing a expedited order? My timeline was:
POSTED Aug 17, 2020
Bio: Nov 20, 2020
I'm now waiting…

Yes I believe that this document can be an important part for your case, do you have contact with someone who can help you with this? And how would I go about placing a expedited order? My timeline was:
POSTED Aug 17, 2020
Bio: Nov 20, 2020
I'm now waiting…
You need a reason to expedite and provide evidence