Asylum interview

Alan4984

My wife came with my daughter thru the port of entry and asked for asylum, but she has a previous deportation from 2 years ago. Now she was detain by immigration and they let me stay with my daughter she will have an asylum interview in Louisiana... how long can she be detain???

The asylum process can last from a couple of months to years. She could expect to be in detention that long. however, DSH has a practice of letting people out of detention, so they go and wait for their asylum out of detention...DHS doesn't have enough space to detain people. Also, new asylum claims are being processed first now, so she will probably sent to stand in front of a judge soon. You need a lawyer to help her. Good luck!

The asylum process can last from a couple of months to years. She could expect to be in detention that long. however, DSH has a practice of letting people out of detention, so they go and wait for their asylum out of detention...DHS doesn't have enough space to detain people. Also, new asylum claims are being processed first now, so she will probably sent to stand in front of a judge soon. You need a lawyer to help her. Good luck!

Do they detain kids too? Kids like 15 or under?