Asylum in USA for Canadian Citizen? :)

suzanar

Registered Users (C)
Werdooo
but beleive you or not I married in a states for a guy on granted asylum. Actualy after he got granted asylum. At that time I was separate from previous husband so legaly I was not eligible family member to be included in I-485 but still family mebemer under the same roof.
Now I am looking forrward to file I-730 with INS. Don't see any other solutions. His 485 pending till 2008.

Too much to ask but: any experiences....?

Thanks

:confused:

Because you two were legally married after his asylum grant, there is nothing you can do. You may want to look at other immigration options (non-asylum). Good luck and I am sorry.

Hi, Gilbert
thank you for your answer.
See acording to canadian family law and my separation agreemant filed with Colurt in Canada I was not able to married him at that time. It's not that I dind't wish or him to. It's not a fake marriage or similar. Just wasn't able in respect to the Court to marrid at that time but I was present in the States all the time even now since we don't have any I-94.

What to say? Ill be brave to file 730 no metter what INS gona say. Can't be worst than this. I don't work for years, since I moved here...

I will file under the humanitarian ground. Thay have to help people not to make our lives miserable.

You may want to PM Rasylee who also married a Canadian after being approved for asylum. You two can exchange experience.

Thank You

Gilbert I PM RAzylee. It will be usefull to exchange experiance since this is a unusual case.

Wish You all the best. Time is flying...trust me :)