Asylum for the disabled

desi_dost

Hi,

I am a disabled person working in a software company, I have been in US for 3 years on H1B visa and have 3 more years left on the H1B.

I have also had a child while in US, now my question is that can I apply for asylum based on my disability? or the fact the my child is US born?

The current economic situation is not alloving me to apply on the basis of my H1B.

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by desi_dost
Hi,

I am a disabled person working in a software company, I have been in US for 3 years on H1B visa and have 3 more years left on the H1B.

I have also had a child while in US, now my question is that can I apply for asylum based on my disability? or the fact the my child is US born?

The current economic situation is not alloving me to apply on the basis of my H1B.

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Unfortunately the 2 reasons you mentioned are not sufficient enough to warrant an application for asylum. In order to be eligible for asylum you have to satisfy the following conditions:
1. applying within a year of arrival to the US ( although there are rare exceptions)
2. proving that you are politically persecuted in your home country and that if you are to return to your home country, you may be killed or arrested.
3. providing evidence that would support your case such as police reports, evidence of torture, and international documents that prove the oppression of your own ethnic or political group in your country.
I am sorry that my information are not helping your case but these are the facts. i think that once your child reaches 16 he or she can sponsor you for a green card but not before that. I would also suggest that you visit the other fora, especially the ones related to employment visas, in this web site to get an idea about your possible options. Good luck my friend

Re: Re: Asylum for the disabled

Originally posted by shamshon
I am sorry that my information are not helping your case but these are the facts. i think that once your child reaches 16 he or she can sponsor you for a green card but not before that. I would also suggest that you visit the other fora, especially the ones related to employment visas, in this web site to get an idea about your possible options. Good luck my friend

The minimum age is 21, not 16.