Asylum and visa application for family

Awe

Hi all,

Kindly help me with this question. My wife is currently an asylee in the US. She has done finger print capturing and waiting for her interview which may take long time to come. I was not included as a derivative but our records during visa application indicated that we are spouse. Currently I have a US visa valid till next year and i'm presently working in Qatar as an engineer. I do not wish to join them in the US until a favorable decision is taken on their application. However, I will like to be visiting them regularly. My question is (1) Since I have a valid visa will I be allowed to visit them in the US? (2) If my current visa expires what is the chance of getting another visa?
You kind assistance will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Since you will be the Potential Immigrant I don't see there will be so many chances to get the Visitor's visa next time.I had to wait 2 y 4 ms for my interview.Its better if you can come join her here.My husband and kids are back home too.

Hi all,

Kindly help me with this question. My wife is currently an asylee in the US. She has done finger print capturing and waiting for her interview which may take long time to come. I was not included as a derivative but our records during visa application indicated that we are spouse. Currently I have a US visa valid till next year and i'm presently working in Qatar as an engineer. I do not wish to join them in the US until a favorable decision is taken on their application. However, I will like to be visiting them regularly. My question is (1) Since I have a valid visa will I be allowed to visit them in the US? (2) If my current visa expires what is the chance of getting another visa?
You kind assistance will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
You are wrong, your wife is not ASYLEE. She only has PENDING ASYLUM case because she didn't do the interview and get's approve yet. Keep in your mind a lot of people gets denied for visitor visa or send back home from the airport just because their family members applying for asylum and there is a big chance that they not going to leave U.S. before their visa expire. Think again. Either stay with them or wait till your wife get approved for asylum and fill I-730 to bring you here. I'm not a lawyer and this just my opinion.