Asylee I-94

nodji98

Can someone tell me how long uscis will receive documentation from immigration court regarding asylum grant of an alien in purpose to issue I-94? I’ve been granted asylum in Hartford immigration court on August 10th 2020 by an immigration judge I set up infopss appointment with uscis to get my I-94 because it’s required to renew my driver license and get health insurance in Massachusetts where I reside I went 2 times to uscis office with IJ letter, passport and 2 passport photo they took everything but they told me that they don’t receive any confirmation or documentation (something like that) from immigration court so I have to wait they gonna call me. Now it’s been almost 3 weeks no call. So is there someone in the same situation like mine? If so, how long it took to get the i-94? Thank you for your help

Can someone tell me how long uscis will receive documentation from immigration court regarding asylum grant of an alien in purpose to issue I-94? I’ve been granted asylum in Hartford immigration court on August 10th 2020 by an immigration judge I set up infopss appointment with uscis to get my I-94 because it’s required to renew my driver license and get health insurance in Massachusetts where I reside I went 2 times to uscis office with IJ letter, passport and 2 passport photo they took everything but they told me that they don’t receive any confirmation or documentation (something like that) from immigration court so I have to wait they gonna call me. Now it’s been almost 3 weeks no call. So is there someone in the same situation like mine? If so, how long it took to get the i-94? Thank you for your help
Sry, this is bs from USCIS! The letter with the judge's signature is the proof they need. If they need more infor, they can always call the court # to confirm. I'm sorry, but you spoke to someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

My direct experience: On August 20 2009, an IJ approved my asylum application at 11am. Without an inforpass, I went to the field office in Chicago (...it is a half a mile distance from the immigration court!), at 2pm on the same day and they gave me my 1-94 on the spot.

....actually, the I-94 is essential useless. I never used it for anything. Following approval of your case, USCIS should have sent you an updated EAD. You can use that also to renew your drivers' license.

Practical advice: Make another inforpass, bring everything, and ask for the I-94...hope a different officer who knows what they are doing will help you. If they still don't take action, then arrange for an infopass at another office. Good luck.

I was refused an I-94 as well by the A*holes as USCIS after I went with judges letter. They said that I have to fill out I-102 and pay the fee. At the time I didn’t know much about the laws. But I was able to apply for a EAD and RTD and got them within 2-3 months. Then when I traveled to Mexico and came back, hoping to get a I-94, I was refused again by CBP and sent on my way. I had absolutely no I-94 number to put on my I-485 so I talked to my old asylum lawyer who asked me to go to the CBP deferred inspection office. The officer over there was really nice and he mention that I should have been issued an I 94 during my entry and went ahead and did that for me nun pro tunc (backdated). All the stuff I’ve been through… Nostalgia!!

Sry, this is bs from USCIS! The letter with the judge's signature is the proof they need. If they need more infor, they can always call the court # to confirm. I'm sorry, but you spoke to someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

My direct experience: On August 20 2009, an IJ approved my asylum application at 11am. Without an inforpass, I went to the field office in Chicago (...it is a half a mile distance from the immigration court!), at 2pm on the same day and they gave me my 1-94 on the spot.

....actually, the I-94 is essential useless. I never used it for anything. Following approval of your case, USCIS should have sent you an updated EAD. You can use that also to renew your drivers' license.

Practical advice: Make another inforpass, bring everything, and ask for the I-94...hope a different officer who knows what they are doing will help you. If they still don't take action, then arrange for an infopass at another office. Good luck.
Thank you for your advise. I did as you said but still the same thing. I even try to apply for unrestricted social security card but the agent in SSA rejected my application and said he cannot issue me a social security number with the IJ letter but if you read in their website it says u can obtain one just with the IJ letter I tried to explain to the agent but he said sorry he can’t. Now I have no proof of work authorization to present to my new employer. I called department of justice (immigration related unfair employment) they took all my information and are now following up with SSA headquarter regarding my case. Hopefully things work well for me

I was refused an I-94 as well by the A*holes as USCIS after I went with judges letter. They said that I have to fill out I-102 and pay the fee. At the time I didn’t know much about the laws. But I was able to apply for a EAD and RTD and got them within 2-3 months. Then when I traveled to Mexico and came back, hoping to get a I-94, I was refused again by CBP and sent on my way. I had absolutely no I-94 number to put on my I-485 so I talked to my old asylum lawyer who asked me to go to the CBP deferred inspection office. The officer over there was really nice and he mention that I should have been issued an I 94 during my entry and went ahead and did that for me nun pro tunc (backdated). All the stuff I’ve been through… Nostalgia!!
I’m sorry for what you went through. I also apply for EAD and RTD I got my receipts but that’s not gonna help me renew my DL and I have to sadly wait for months

I’m sorry for what you went through. I also apply for EAD and RTD I got my receipts but that’s not gonna help me renew my DL and I have to sadly wait for months

I saw that you have a SSN issue as well, but I was able to get an unrestricted SSN. I was refused initially but I took a print out of the information on their website and went to a different office and asked for a supervisor. You can work with an unrestricted SSN card + DL/state ID or SSN + passport (if you have one).

I saw that you have a SSN issue as well, but I was able to get an unrestricted SSN. I was refused initially but I took a print out of the information on their website and went to a different office and asked for a supervisor. You can work with an unrestricted SSN card + DL/state ID or SSN + passport (if you have one).
You’re right but with the Covid-19 you have to mail your documents to their office unless you have an emergency which required appointment. I tried it last time but it didn’t work out so I decided to contact DOJ and they are now taking care of it for me. Hopefully it came out successfully

Where did you create your Passport Photo from? I created my USCIS photo online for the and I got through just fine.

Thank you guys for help. I got my unrestricted Social Security number today. I didn’t get it from the nearby office because they denied it I had to call the department of justice immigration related unfair employment to get that fix for me. They contacted the SSA headquarters in Maryland to process my unrestricted SSN. I advise anybody having such issue to do the same as I did.

Thank you guys for help. I got my unrestricted Social Security number today. I didn’t get it from the nearby office because they denied it I had to call the department of justice immigration related unfair employment to get that fix for me. They contacted the SSA headquarters in Maryland to process my unrestricted SSN. I advise anybody having such issue to do the same as I did.

This information should be helpful for a lot of people in the future as well. Can you also try to get their help to process your drivers license? Or if the feds don’t want to get involved, maybe the state department of justice? Most states have rules That consider asylees as permanent residents for drivers license purposes.