Assigned => Not Assigned ??!!

the_card

Registered Users (C)
Just talked to IIO and she told me my case is not yet assigned. This is really freaking me out. My lawyer received a fax response back in last November saying my case was assigned in November and I did talk to IIO a few times all saying my case was assigned in November. Weird Weird Weird :confused: :confused: :confused:

I also received a fax (through my lawyer) from INS stating the case was assigned to an officer on November.

Here are my theories:

1. In November INS was in an utterly disorderly state. Their JIT reports were screwed up, prompting many lawyers to sent fax inquiries. INS made a decision based on the WAC number (WAC-01) and just lied blatantly about the case assignment(s).

2. The case was truly assigned on November. After the INS screw up (The Virginia shooting + naturalization of a suspected ter-ro-rist), officers placed all the files back on the "shelf". Now after the computer upgrades and other hooplas, they are back in business.

P.S. Recently IIO told me that an officer picked up my case on Feb 10. I tend to believe IIO this time because she told me the officer's ID number. Also, recent approvals corroborate my last statement.

Grass, what date did your fax state? Mine was Nov. 1. If our dates are very close then I tend to believe your theory.

Now my case is back on the shelf. How funny that is!

Honestly speaking I have no idea which information is accurate, today's call or last Nov's fax. INS simply doesn't make sense. I'm so sick of it.

This is way too funny.

I called INS again.

This time the officer said your case was received in Sept 2001 and we are now processing Nov 2001. So you should wait 2 months before your case will be assigned. I asked her why my case was assigned 2 months ago and now it's back on the shelf. She said your case should be assigned in 2 months.

Now I have nothing to say. This is totally hilarious.

the_card,

"..your case was received in Sept 2001 and we are now processing Nov 2001.." It is quite interesting (actually you are right, it is indeed hilarious) to know that as per IIO, CSC is processing Nov2001 cases now and Sept2001 case will take 2 more months to assign! Probably the IIO doesn't know that Sept2001 comes before Nov2001!

I just checked the calendar and for 2001 and Sept did come before Nov in that Year too! :)

-PCee