Asking for help

ars99

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everybody:
        I am new to this board. I just received the approval notice of my I-140 (EB1/OR) today and thought of turning in I-485
   in the next week. Here I have some questions about filing I-485:
        1)According to I-485 filing instruction, I can file it either to ins-Use or local office at New York City, any difference
   between these two places and which one is faster to process this case?
        2)Do I need to submit police clearances of my home country and any other countries I had stayed for more than one
   year with I-485 application? If yes, can I just submit the copy of police clearances rather than the original police report?
        3)As a dependent, my wife will file her I-485 with me. Does she need to submit the Affidavit of Support (in which I
   am her sponsor)?
       Since I am new on I-485 issue, my questions may look stupid to you well-experienced guys. Please respond, any
   advice is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks a lot!

ars99

No Title

I\'m not a lawyer, so please do not take what I tell you as a legal advice and do not blame me if I\'m wrong.

1) I think empolyment base immigration i485 must be file to service centers. In your case, it\'s VSC. I know family based immigration cases are processed in those local offices.

2) VSC will send you finger print notice in the future for criminal checking purpose.

3) You must submit the support form even if your spouse makes more than you.