ask for advice about changing employer!

jki140

Registered Users (C)
Hi, friends,
My I-140 is still pending since July of 2002(ND). Do I need to re-file a new I-140 form, If I want to change my employer now?
Thank you!

jk

No doubt about it...you will have to start over again from labor...
Its better not to change job at this junction. In 2 months your 140 will get approved anyways...

Originally posted by jki140
Hi, friends,
My I-140 is still pending since July of 2002(ND). Do I need to re-file a new I-140 form, If I want to change my employer now?
Thank you!

jk

What if I-140 is approved and need to change employer (I-485 not applied yet), does need to restart processing from Labor or I-140 or I-485? Please reply ASAP..it is urgent.

u will have to start from scratch

you can only change employers only if your i485 is applied and 180 days have passed.

Originally posted by AI_GC
What if I-140 is approved and need to change employer (I-485 not applied yet), does need to restart processing from Labor or I-140 or I-485? Please reply ASAP..it is urgent.

It all depends. Once I-140 is approved you can apply for 485 without company's letter. Delay your finger printing till the last moment. Once the six months is passed use AC-21. There is possibility 70 to 80% getting approved. I know couple of guys who did this. Provided your company should not revoke I-140. That is very important

Thanks for yours reply..

:confused: My understanding is that if I-140 is approved, we can restart from I-140 with another employer (not from Labor), please verify?

Same Boat!

Question:
Thank you!

Answer:-- I have intiated this discussion several times in the past.
I was told by my future employee's attorney to wait for my I-140 approval. She says that i can join the company, but it is highly advisable to change the employer only after 140 approval. When i asked this question, my 485 was pending for over 180 days. She says eventhough the sponsoring employer promises to continue 140 process, they should seriously reply incase if there is an RFE. They should not revoke the application.... They will think a lot to mention that you are still their employee , in the RFE response letter

ask for advice about I-485

Hi, friends,
Thank you all very much for your replies about my I-140!! I have another question about I-485. My I-485 had been filed about 3 months ago. I have already got my employment authorization card and fingerprint was done. Do I have to re-file my I-485 if my I-140 is approved and I want to change employer?

Thanks!

jk

Last edited by a moderator: