As I expected, another Fingerprint/BIO notice

dardan

Registered Users (C)
As I have said in my recent postings, my fingerprints are about to expire.

Therefore, as I expected, today I have received a Code I BIO notice for late November...

Online status does not show anything and the LUD remained unchanged.

D.

I got Bio Code 1 today, too.

How soon we can get GC?

Thank you all for encouraging me.

Last edited by a moderator:
cody2 said:
I got Bio Code 1 today, too.

How soon we can get GC?

Thank you all for encouraging me.
We'll get it soon. Hopefully end of this year if not definitely by begining of next year for sure. I am 100% sure. I bet you all.

I talked with my lawyer. he said: that code 1 checking notice is produced by computer,( AFTER 90 days after code 2) but you have to go there to do it. if you are unlucky, you will have code 3, and .... all dependent on case processing fact. god bless all of us.

cody2 said:
I talked with my lawyer. he said: that code 1 checking notice is produced by computer,( AFTER 90 days after code 2) but you have to go there to do it. if you are unlucky, you will have code 3, and .... all dependent on case processing fact. god bless all of us.
As your lawyer mentioned that exactly worked in my case. My code 2 was on July & received my code 1 for October. But what did you mean by you have to go there & do it???????? I didn't quite get it. Could you please explain??????????

my understanding from my lawyer, after 90 days after you did code 2, then if you do not get approval yet, as your case is stil active, immigration's computer will issue a code 1 notice for you. no mattter your case will be approved or not soon. after another 90 days, you will get another code 3 if your case is still alive. Why? Bio checking is only good for 90 days. Hope everybody can get GC very soon. No need to do BIO every 90 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
cody2 said:
my understanding from my lawyer, after 90 days after you did code 2, then if you do not get approval yet, as your case is stil active, immigration's computer will issue a code 1 notice for you. no mattter your case will be approved or not soon. after another 90 days, you will get another code 3 if your case is still alive. Why? Bio checking is only good for 90 days. Hope everybody can get GC very soon. No need to do BIO every 90 days.

Well your lawyer may be wrong..CODE 2 is taken only once...CODE 1 is generated every 15 months and not 90 days. Code 3 is taken IF CODE 2 has never been requested...

Yes, maybe my lawyer gave me wrong information. You are very professional. many thanks

That is correct. Code 1 is all 10 fingerprints only - no BIO. It is being sent out every 15 months. His/her fingerprints were last taken in July 2004, thus they have expired. The other question is, why do they still make us go and do the FP again instead of just resubmitting the ones that were taken 15 months ago? I was under assumption that now, as they have computers that record and QA our prints, they should have electronic copies that they can resubmit....
What kind of a crazy idea is to go and do the biometrics every 90 days?
But on the other hand, they are right - we age faster nowadays with USCIS giving us so much grief... so our fotos probably need to be retaken every 90 days or so. :)

wantmygcnow said:
Well your lawyer may be wrong..CODE 2 is taken only once...CODE 1 is generated every 15 months and not 90 days. Code 3 is taken IF CODE 2 has never been requested...

So, I did fingerprint in July,04, then 15 month exactly, I have to do code 1 again. No exciting news for me now. Still in painfull waiting period.... painfull.

karina said:
they are right - we age faster nowadays with USCIS giving us so much grief... so our fotos probably need to be retaken every 90 days or so. :)
This part is really funny. I couldn't help laughing loud. Thanks.

Question:

Last year's July, I did only called Fingerprint, not Code 1. This time it is Code 1. it is Bio. Well. I was told Bio checking fingerprint is only started this April, So, Fingerprint only last for 12 months. Nobody has ever passed Code 1's period of 15 months. Am I right? Please teach me.