Arrested for Domesti Violence - (Husband) Conditional Resident Status

emmyg84

I am a US citizen and my husband obtained his residency through me. He got arrested for Domestic violence and currently has a hold for immigration. Can this cause him to be deported?? Since his current green card has a conditional status and we need to re-apply this august. :(

Has he been convicted of domestic violence? There are some deportable offenses, normally crimes involving moral turpitude. He will have to provide copy of the arrest records because I believe the I-751 asks if you have ever been arrested. Don't quote me on that since it has been a while since I have filled that form out. I would see if you can make an appointment with an attorney they might be able to give you a better answer.

you're husband is big in trouble

emmy you're in trouble did you husband hit you in which state describe more.

He will be fine. I was convicted for DV and i was able to renew my i751 without a problem. I gave them all the records from courts. I was actually in shock when they approved it, i really was very worried that they would deport me. If you have any further question, email me directly and i will answer all question.

He will be fine. I was convicted for DV and i was able to renew my i751 without a problem. I gave them all the records from courts. I was actually in shock when they approved it, i really was very worried that they would deport me. If you have any further question, email me directly and i will answer all question.

Bengals before you apply for citizenship I would contact an attorney. From my understanding if you were convicted of any type of crime you must wait 5 years before applying for naturalization.

I am a US citizen and my husband obtained his residency through me. He got arrested for Domestic violence and currently has a hold for immigration. Can this cause him to be deported?? Since his current green card has a conditional status and we need to re-apply this august. :(

I was in immigration holding 10 years ago. The most recent deportation law is that any crime committed either misdemeanor or felony and was sentenced to a year or more either probation or incarceration could be deported unless the country is considered to be communist.

If he already has a hold on him, that means some immigration enforcement agent has reason to believe he can deport him. agents never want to place a hold on someone that they can not remove.
He must have other criminal convictions that you or he isn't telling anyone about.