Arlington/Wash DC Name Change and Oath

LKCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a citizenship interview scheduled for Oct 31. I have requested a Name change on my N400 application. My understanding is that oaths are conducted the same day in Merrifield, VA.

Since I have requested a Name change, I will have to wait for a Oath ceremony in a courtroom and cannot take the oath on the day of the interview.

Typically how long does it take to get a letter for the Oath Ceremony in a court after the interview in VA? Any feedback is welcome.

My timeline:
PD: March 23, 2005
FP: June 15, 2005
Interview: October 31, 2005

Thanks,
LK

Hello! I had my citizenship interview yesterday afternoon in Fairfax and I requested a name change as well (I'm adding a middle name).

Your oath ceremony letter should arrive within the next 2-3 business days after your interview. However since you have to see the judge for your name change, this might take a week or more. The officer I had yesterday said if I were to have my oath soon, the whole process should take less than a month. But I scheduled my oath in mid December so this is a different story for me.

Since your interview is on the last day of October, I would wait until early December (the latest) for the letter.
07/20/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/12/2009 : FP Appointment / Done (Walk-in)
08/22/2009 : Interview Letter Received
09/30/2009 : Interview Date (Passed!)
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Letter Received
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Date

Hello! I had my citizenship interview yesterday afternoon in Fairfax and I requested a name change as well (I'm adding a middle name).

Your oath ceremony letter should arrive within the next 2-3 business days after your interview. However since you have to see the judge for your name change, this might take a week or more. The officer I had yesterday said if I were to have my oath soon, the whole process should take less than a month. But I scheduled my oath in mid December so this is a different story for me.

Since your interview is on the last day of October, I would wait until early December (the latest) for the letter.
07/20/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/12/2009 : FP Appointment / Done (Walk-in)
08/22/2009 : Interview Letter Received
09/30/2009 : Interview Date (Passed!)
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Letter Received
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Date

You do realize that this was posted about 4 years ago? I am certain the OP has had a resolution to this issue about 4 years ago...:D