ARLINGTON Experience

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

is it ok to take a I-485 approval notice courtsey copy for pp stamping to the Arlington , VA office ?

my lawyer is on vacation ( 2 weeks )....wondering if i should wait for him?

just curious if there is a time stipulation for stamping..like within 30/60 etc days from the receipt of the approval notice.

also, is stamping mandatory ? could someone just wait for the cards? [just curious]

thanks,

ps: anyone here to share arlingto, va pp stamping experience.

thanks

Courtesy copy is more than enough. In fact, I took the E-mail approval notice and got the stamping at Arlington VA on 05/15/04. I guess, stamping is a pre-requisite for getting plastic card. There is no time stimulation for getting the stamping. But the earlier you do, the faster you get your plastic card.

asrivang said:
Courtesy copy is more than enough. In fact, I took the E-mail approval notice and got the stamping at Arlington VA on 05/15/04. I guess, stamping is a pre-requisite for getting plastic card. There is no time stimulation for getting the stamping. But the earlier you do, the faster you get your plastic card.

asrivang, can you tell me more about your experience ?
what all did you carry with you ?
Just a printout of the e-mail notice works ??

I guess passport, 2 photos and what else ?
do you think you were lucky or they will stamp anyone who comes with a approval notice ?

Mine got approved on 10th July, still not rec'd the letter but I am moving on this thursday. so it would be lot better if i get my passprt stamped before i move. plus since i have tons of things to do for the move, i want to make sure if it is definite and then only i want to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken the following.
Driver's license
Passport
2 ADT photos ( took the photos just outside theoffice)
As far as stmping is concerned, it is all luck. I found in other threads in this forum that some centers didn't accept the E-mail printout. Any way nothing wrong in trying our luck. Wish you all best.