are you required to work with j1 visa?

nokozan

Registered Users (C)
would this workout if my girlfriend got a j1 visa and upon entering the us called her employer and said she will not be able to work and just traveled to my location. could we still get married and apply for adjustment of status or will she screw herself for not working at the job and never get accepted for adjustment of status. basically spending the duration of the j1visa status with me in my state instead of working in a different state.

or should i just fly to her state and get married while she is still working for the company and then apply for adjustment of status.?

This plan is just plain stupid - as well as unethical and a whole lot of other things.

A J1 may come with a 2 year home residency requirement; you could be married with her sitting in her home country. If you are a US citizen, file for a fiance visa. If you are not, the process depends on your actual status.

my friend came to US on J1 with statement 2 year does apply on his visa..during the program ,he got married and applied for adjustment of status by his lawyer.. paid for about $2000..got his temporary work permit in a few months and greencard for a year..everything was going smooth without sitting in his home country...