Are you pro or con Arizona's new Law on Immigration? http://immigration.civiltalks.com/

Here we go again. This law is against people being in the country illegaly. The ones here with proper documents has nothing to fear and nothing to hide. What is wrong with showing your when law enforcement asks for it just like in any other country in the world.

Way To Go AZ!

(Of course some simple minded illegal lover will turn my words upside down in a few minutes.)

Original Mary Poppins was way more liberal and forgiving :)

US citizens (regardless of their skin colour, accent or other characteristics) are not required to carry the proof of citizenship within the USA. Now, someone may be a USC by virtue of birth or through parents but never actually lived in the USA and does not possess US driving licence or any state-issued ID except for a US passport which he does not carry with him. This person rents a car a takes a drive through Arizona where he is stopped by Joe the Pig Arpaio. This USC has a foreign driving licence, does not speak good English and does not look like your typical American. He claims to be the USC but Joe the Pig Arpaio does not believe him and locks him up on suspicion of being an illegal alien. After detention which may be short or long, the ICE finally sorts things out and this person is released.

Think it is impossible? As a USC this person did not have to carry his US passport and he did not have to possess US driving licence since he does not live in the USA. Would locking him up be a reasonable responce from an AZ police officer? Now, imagine this person is a Mexican-American.

Think it is impossible? As a USC this person did not have to carry his US passport and he did not have to possess US driving licence since he does not live in the USA. Would locking him up be a reasonable responce from an AZ police officer? Now, imagine this person is a Mexican-American.

Once he is cleared he'll be let go. Carrying his US passport as proof citizenship would help. This is nothing different than driving through an ICE roadblock.

And despite all the outcry and whining Americans do support the new law:
http://people-press.org/reports/pdf/613.pdf

I would say we should just adopt Mexican immigration laws, how about that?

Contrary to popular belief, Mexico has very strict immigration laws which are enforced by every police agency in the country. The Bureau of Immigration can call upon any law enforcement officer to assist in their mission. Citizens from the United States traveling in Mexico without proper documents, work permits or non immigrant visas are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.
Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants.

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be Imprisoned. Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned.

Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years.

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison . Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population States…

A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.

And here's something to read (notice that all these are TODAY's articles):

http://www.click2houston.com/news/23617445/detail.html
http://www.khou.com/news/County-nee...attle-Big-Bend-border-struggle--94336149.html
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7451918

Oh, I forgot these:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Slagle/john18.htm
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/restarea.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Once he is cleared he'll be let go. Carrying his US passport as proof citizenship would help. This is nothing different than driving through an ICE roadblock.
This is where our views differ - I do not want driving through my own country to be like driving through CBP roadblocks. I would not mind carrying passport card with me but only if everybody else was required to do the same. I am not willing to carry it just because I can be singled out due to my skin colour and/or accent.

I can't believe America is against immigrants, when it solely was created by immigrants:(((

It amazes me how mentally blind some people are.immigration.civiltalks.comS.B. 1070 is not about sending Mexicans back to Mexico. The law is only referring to people (all races) that are breaking US immigration laws; that’s it! This give Law Enforcers of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person.

Last edited by a moderator:
It amazes me how mentally blind some people are.S.B. 1070 is not about sending Mexicans back to Mexico. The law is only referring to people (all races) that are breaking US immigration laws; that’s it! This give Law Enforcers of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person. immigration.civiltalks.com

It amazes me how somebody registers with the immigration forum just to post two duplicate political messages and then leave.

Millions of people come to this country because corporate America is addicted to cheap labor. We have seen a lot of jobs shipped overseas to satisfy corporate America's addiction to cheap labor. It is a drug that our corporate backbone cannot live without — or can it?

Who IS in control of America, Illegal Mexicans or Americans?
Cast your vote - each comment counts.
immigration.civiltalks com

I'm very much in favor of the Arizona Immigration Law and not so enamored of those who oppose it. Those who oppose the enforcement of our immigration laws tend to drop the word "illegal" which changes the topic completely. They also tend to claim that illegals have no path to citizenship, with is totally untrue. The path exists, its the same path that all foreigners have: apply for legal immigration, come here and obey the rules, follow the laws. They tend to want to legalize the illegals by punishing them by making them pay their unpaid taxes and pay their filing fees. Those who come here legally already do that. And, gosh, all these years I thought that paying my taxes was my duty as a citizen, not a punishment for being a citizen.

Original Mary Poppins was way more liberal and forgiving :)

US citizens (regardless of their skin colour, accent or other characteristics) are not required to carry the proof of citizenship within the USA. Now, someone may be a USC by virtue of birth or through parents but never actually lived in the USA and does not possess US driving licence or any state-issued ID except for a US passport which he does not carry with him. This person rents a car a takes a drive through Arizona where he is stopped by Joe the Pig Arpaio. This USC has a foreign driving licence, does not speak good English and does not look like your typical American. He claims to be the USC but Joe the Pig Arpaio does not believe him and locks him up on suspicion of being an illegal alien. After detention which may be short or long, the ICE finally sorts things out and this person is released.

I am in favor of the Arizona law however I am NOT in favor of people being locked up in the circumstances you describe.

If the person has a valid (unexpired) foreign driver's license then the officer must take them at their word if they say they are a US citizen--since US citizens are not required to carry proof of identity. However, the officer should take note of the person's license number and the fact that they claimed to be a citizen. If evidence later emerges that they were lying, then the person should be (a) permanently barred from naturalization and (b) deported because those are the prescribed penalties for falsely claiming to be a US citizen. But if they were telling the truth there will be no problem.

If the best the person can do is an expired foreign driver's license, then I would consider that to be enough to raise reasonable suspicion that they are in the country illegally, and I would support the officer if the person were taken into custody. Maybe they are a US citizen, but a US citizen living in the USA should be expected to maintain a US driver's license while living in the USA--and if they won't it is reasonable to take them into custody at least until the situation is sorted out.

If the person has no driver's license at all, they should be arrested for driving without a license--which I consider to be a very serious matter--in fact, more serious than a federal immigration violation.

Basically the problem doesn't seem to be with the law itself but with fears (I'm not sure if they are well founded or unfounded) that it would be implemented inappropriately.

I don't agree with it. How can your tax dollars be paying for an illegal immigrant?? They have no ssn or anything, therefore they can not receive any state help. The have to work, it may be under the table and they may be here illegally, but really, they are the ones doing the jobs no one else wants to do. They are making a living.
If they are going to start racial profiling, they better start asking blacks and Asians for their papers also. Better yet, they better ask everyone...all the white people could be from Europe, living off of your tax dollars, right?

It amazes me how somebody registers with the immigration forum just to post two duplicate political messages and then leave.

The only difference this law makes is that it's just another way to legalize profiling. Which police officers have been doing in this country since police officers existed...

Here we go again. This law is against people being in the country illegaly. The ones here with proper documents has nothing to fear and nothing to hide. What is wrong with showing your when law enforcement asks for it just like in any other country in the world.

Way To Go AZ!

(Of course some simple minded illegal lover will turn my words upside down in a few minutes.)

the law is targeting people and doing so by race. did you know over 40% of all undocumented people in the us came in legally? they overstayed visas, etc. yet the law targets people that crossed the border between the us and mexico illegally. it is looking to stop latinos that could be. it is targeting people by race.

furthermore the whole premise for doing so is false. they keep saying undocumented workers cause crime to go up, when government stats show that as undocumented immigration rose in az the crime rate except for the misdemeanor of crossing the border illegally went down. actually it doesn't make the distinction - all crime in az dropped.