Are these sentences normal in change of address confirmation letter?

snlrp

Registered Users (C)
I called National Service Center to change my address one month ago. Today I got a letter to confirm my address change. In addition, there are several senstences "The processing of your petition/application has benn delayed. All petition/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petition/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed......"
Are these sentences special for those people whose name check is still pending? or just in any letter and means nothing? Thanks for the answer.

That sounds something new. INS is always trying to find excuses for their delay of the process. Name check is always an issue, but now they bring it on the table. Anyway, the conclusion is that they don't want applicants to receive approval smoothly.

AhHa, I got a same letter one month ago!

I requested an address change in Jan, 06. Also I called them to verify the case status. Then they sent the letter with the same content as yours in Feb, 06. I thought my case maybe a name check. Because there lots of people have the same name in Chinese, as I checked from 411.com. So I tried to contact with the congressman and the senator. Even talked to an local FBI agent. Still waiting here!!