Are the RFEs sent only to the lawyer ?

CoolRaj_03

Registered Users (C)
That's what my lawyer said when I told him that I haven't received my copy of RFEs yet. But I never had this imprerssion from other's post. What is the reality here ?

Also, When lawyers replies to an RFE for applicants and derivatives, Do they sends them in individually seperate mails or just bundle them in a single parcel and mail the entire thing togeather ?

I ask this question because l have necessary material to respons to my RFE, while lawyer wants me to wait till I procure the birth affidavit fro my spouse as well to mee her RFE so that both application can be adjucated at the same time.

My theory here is, if anyway lawyer send both the RFE response in seperate mail, then I should not lose extra few days while I procure the Docs from our native country. Since there is no guarantee anyway, that both the mail reach INS the same day.

Advance Thx for your suggestions,

-CoolRaj

You may send two separate RFE in the same envelop. Those will reach same day and may be approved same day too. I guess you sent both I-485 applications in the same envelop.

gcusa99 said:
You may send two separate RFE in the same envelop. Those will reach same day and may be approved same day too. I guess you sent both I-485 applications in the same envelop.

gcusa99,

Thanks for the reply on the second part of the question. How about the number of copies sent for a particular RFE. Is an RFE sent only to the lawyer or does the applicant also get a copy of the RFE ?

I haven't received mine copy of the RFE, and my lawyers says I should'nt expect as well. If true, that would be the first time, I would'nt receive a direct communication from USCIS about my case update.

Thanks,

-CoolRaj

Last edited by a moderator:
CoolRaj_03 said:
gcusa99,

Thanks for the reply on the second part of the question. How about the number of copies sent for a particular RFE. Is an RFE sent only to the lawyer or does the applicant also get a copy of the RFE ?

I haven't received mine copy of the RFE, and my lawyers says I should'nt expect as well. If true, that would be the first time, I would'nt receive a direct communication from USCIS about my case update.

Thanks,

-CoolRaj

Only one REF notice will be sent either to you or your lawyer unlike approval notices where courtsey copy or original will be sent to either one. Consult your lawyer if he/she has not received, you may contact NCS. Good luck!

gcusa99 said:
Only one REF notice will be sent either to you or your lawyer unlike approval notices where courtsey copy or original will be sent to either one. Consult your lawyer if he/she has not received, you may contact NCS. Good luck!

Thanks for the info !!!

-CoolRaj

Hibuddies said:
My RFE was sent to lawyer as well as myself.

Intresting !!!!, I had almost taken to the fact that you receive just one copy until this mesg. Are there more members in the forums who received courtsey copies ... ?

-CoolRaj

CoolRaj_03 said:
Intresting !!!!, I had almost taken to the fact that you receive just one copy until this mesg. Are there more members in the forums who received courtsey copies ... ?

-CoolRaj
What's the big deal ? Just have your attorney fax/mail a copy of the RFE to you.
After all isn't he *your* attorney ?!?!