Are EB2 I140 approved earlier than EB3?

ss_holmes

Registered Users (C)
A lot of my colleagues recently had their I140s approved. The general trend seems to be that EB2 cases are being approved and EB3 cases are still pending.

Mine is a EB3 case... (Nov 2003) still pending. The cases being approved have dates well after mine.

I pose this question in an attempt to somehow rationalize why my case is still pending, even though Feb,March 2004 cases for my colleagues have been approved....

I am in your same situation

140/485 RD 11/13/2003
EAD1/AP1 AD 12/03
EAD2/AP2 applied for renewal
FP Sep 2004

aj1999,

I am also wondering the same. My dates are not nearing the approval dates but with the recent approvals dates your theory sounds good.

EB2 is the second preference category so its supposed. Now "supposed to" and reality are two different things but in this case reality is meeting the expectation so why are you guys surprised. Just so you know I am EB3 as well so I am not taking any sides here. Just trying to state the facts.

Not true. My case was converse. I applied under EB2 and a bunch of collegues under EB3 got approved upto 3-4 weeks earlier than mine even though they had later Notice dates ( about 1 week later than mine ).