Are concurrently filed I140/485 cases approved together

ss_holmes

Registered Users (C)
sounds silly. But are all concurrently filed 140 & 485 cases approved at the same time? Well knowing the TSC, it is hard to find a trend in anything that they do..

Some people I know have got the approval e-mails for both almost at the same time. Some others seem to get it within a few days..

My 140 was approved on 12/3 but I have no update on the 485 as yet. No LUD changes.

Any similar experiences?

Try your luck in other forum!!

I do not know the answer to this question because either I-140 or I-485 is not approved.
But my general preception here with this forum is that if you ask a trivial question like this nobody would answer it, even though a lot of people in this forum would have been in the same condition before.

I am not sure what stops others to share their experience (untill they are in the same situation like you, in that case they also do not have the answer) even if it is a trivial question for them.

Good Luck.

One of my co-worker's 485 was approved almost 3 weeks after I 140 approval. There was no RFE. Concurrent filing.

i am also on the same boat. My 140 was approved on Dec 3rd and no update on 485. i did FP on Sep 28th and LUD changed on Oct 15th with following message

On October 15, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

But i never got anything from usics. i thougt probably it was about my wife's EAD.
Before that there was LUD for 485 on Oct 7th with FP update for me and my wife.

Waiting for those magic mails about 485 approval

There was no change in my 140 status before the approval.

category - EB3
Labor - May 21, 2001
approved - 2003 July 22
140/485 - RD - dec 13, 2003
140 - Dec 3, 2004 - approved
485 - ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory

Guys,

In answer to the question about whether TSC is still approving concurrent 140-485 cases together, I have noticed that about a month ago several cases were being approved together. However, over the past few weeks I have noticed that a lot of 140s are getting approved and nothing is happening to 485s.

I read in one posting that the BCIS is reviewing the concurrent approval policy they implimented in April 2004. This policy has caused a lot of confusion with regard to the AC21 rule because the concurrent approval rule ties the 140 approval with the 485 approval. There was indication that the top officials at BCIS were going to change this policy and revert back to the old way of doing things. There were also suggestions that they might change the AC-21 rule instead. From recent approvals it seems as if they have gone back to the old way of adjucating 140s and 485s separately.

Please note that I do not have any information to prove any of the above. I am just speculating based on the posts I have been reading over the past few months and following variuos immigration websites.

thanks,

saras

saras76 said:
Guys,

...I read in one posting that the BCIS is reviewing the concurrent approval policy they implimented in April 2004. This policy has caused a lot of confusion with regard to the AC21 rule because the concurrent approval rule ties the 140 approval with the 485 approval. ..
saras

AC21 was an act and became a law so USCIS does not have any authority to change it. However it is highly likely that now with retrogression affecting a class of people USCIS will move to abandon the concurrent policy which has been disastorous due to the limited resources that they have. This should then help retrogressed applicants in that once their I-140 is approved they will be able to change jobs and use EAD/AP for as long as their I-485s are pending.

ss_holmes said:
sounds silly. But are all concurrently filed 140 & 485 cases approved at the same time? Well knowing the TSC, it is hard to find a trend in anything that they do..

Some people I know have got the approval e-mails for both almost at the same time. Some others seem to get it within a few days..

My 140 was approved on 12/3 but I have no update on the 485 as yet. No LUD changes.

Any similar experiences?
This did happen on one of my co-worker. His 140 was approved and 485 online status no change. But he get 485 approval notice after 10 days

Please check LUD of your 485. If it changed to the same date of I140's, it means ur 485 is approved and will be mailed to ur address in 10 days

At last i got those magic mails(christmas gift) about 485 approval last night for me and my wife yesterday. Before that there was no change in 485 LUD other than FP update.

What a great relief it is.
I hope every one will get their day soon.

category - EB3
Labor - May 21, 2001
approved - 2003 July 22
140/485 - RD - dec 13, 2003
FP - Sep last week
140 - Dec 3, 2004 - approved
485 - Dec 13, 2004 - approved