Are All Passports Issued RFID E-Passports?

Sony2006

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have an old US passport and thinking about getting the New E-Passport. However, How can i make sure that the new one would be the E-Passport, specially that my old passport is still valid?

Anyone received an old-style passport lately?

Thank you!

I don't think we have a choice to choose e-passport or old style. I don't think it will be a big deal if you are still using the old passport. If e-passport does matter for travel, it will cause millions of people rush to change to get e-passport!!

Thank you evergreen for your reply!
first of all , i noticed that you live in Dallas; cool , me too !

and after that, I know i don't have to change to the e-passport but i just want to know if all passports issued nowadays are e-passport. I just like the new one and want to get it, not that it makes any difference but i just like it .

sony

Sony,
some people in the Citzn branch have reported getting regular passports so you may not be guaranteed the new rfid passports even if you apply just for the sake of getting it.

Thank you evergreen for your reply!
first of all , i noticed that you live in Dallas; cool , me too !

and after that, I know i don't have to change to the e-passport but i just want to know if all passports issued nowadays are e-passport. I just like the new one and want to get it, not that it makes any difference but i just like it .

sony

Sony2006,

Yes, I also want a new e-passport. When will you apply for yours?
I am thinking to get mine via expedited service. I will post here to tell u if it's old or new style.