Archived File Request from National Archive Center

Registered Users (C)
I sent in my application on 2/1 and still am waiting for FP letter.

When I called the 800 number, she told me that they are waiting for the National Archive Center to send my files over to VSC. The request was made on 2/15 and they have not received my files yet. My FP was scheduled for 2/28/07, which was yesterday and they'll have to reschedule after they receive my files.

My questions is - did anyone experience this? Why some people would receive their file in no time and mine is taking this long? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I moved from one state to another? I'm still in VSC though. I'll appreciate any insights. Thank you.

Just sit back and wait. Don't worry about this. Your FP notice will get to you usually within a month after your PD. I haven't heard anyone's FP date getting in the way of their overall processing.

Patience is very important to have when dealing with the USCIS.

A-file problem

Anyone knows of any problem with A-File retrieval? It's been more than 45 days and we still have not received our FP letter for citizenship. Is this normal? Thanks.

Just sit back and wait. Don't worry about this. Your FP notice will get to you usually within a month after your PD. I haven't heard anyone's FP date getting in the way of their overall processing.

Patience is very important to have when dealing with the USCIS.
So correctly put Flydog.

I sent in my application on 2/1 and still am waiting for FP letter.

When I called the 800 number, she told me that they are waiting for the National Archive Center to send my files over to VSC. The request was made on 2/15 and they have not received my files yet. My FP was scheduled for 2/28/07, which was yesterday and they'll have to reschedule after they receive my files.

My questions is - did anyone experience this? Why some people would receive their file in no time and mine is taking this long? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I moved from one state to another? I'm still in VSC though. I'll appreciate any insights. Thank you.

I had my interview on 01/18, the IO officer told me that the computer found another file at national records center, they have to request that file, consolidate everything and then I will receive a decision and oath. Still I am waiting.

what is this National Archive Center and what type of files and information is stored

what is this National Archive Center and what type of files and information is stored here? i am confused!!:confused: