Ar-11

Vignesh_S

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Can we do the address change online or over the phone(is there any number)?? My 140 is still pending.
what is this "Form AR-11 Special Registration." on the USCIS website. Do i come under the Special Registration.

Process

Vignesh_S said:
Guys,
Can we do the address change online or over the phone(is there any number)?? My 140 is still pending.
what is this "Form AR-11 Special Registration." on the USCIS website. Do i come under the Special Registration.

There are two things that you would need to do

1) Call the 1 800 number at USCIS and inform them about your address change giving all your pending application receipt numbers(140/485), they will ask your alien registration number so keep it handy while calling(please be aware it might take upto 30 minutes for the process as you will be on hold for atleast 20 or 25 minutes before a rep picks up the phone..)

Ask your wife to do the same(incase you are married)......

2) Both of you would need to fill the AR-11 form and send it to them(http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm)

octFiler.

octFiler said:
There are two things that you would need to do

1) Call the 1 800 number at USCIS and inform them about your address change giving all your pending application receipt numbers(140/485), they will ask your alien registration number so keep it handy while calling(please be aware it might take upto 30 minutes for the process as you will be on hold for atleast 20 or 25 minutes before a rep picks up the phone..)

Ask your wife to do the same(incase you are married)......

2) Both of you would need to fill the AR-11 form and send it to them(http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm)

octFiler.

Thanks for the info, octfiler.

AR-11 Questions

Hi Friends,

I have to submit AR-11 in the next week. I need clarification on 3 columns. I know lot of you have done this in Past and I request you to share your experience. The columns requiring clarifications are :-

1) Status - I have not used EAD and continue using H1. I think I need to put H1 for self and H4 for family. Is it correct ???
2) Alien Card Number - is this appicable to us?. Do we need to put A number marked on 485 receipt notice.
3) Stay in US Expires - Probably the date H1/H4 expires.

Thanks for all the help !!!

1) Status - I have not used EAD and continue using H1. I think I need to put H1 for self and H4 for family. Is it correct ???
==> Correct. Remember you need to fill separate AR11 forms for anyone over 18.

2) Alien Card Number - is this appicable to us?. Do we need to put A number marked on 485 receipt notice.
==> Yes, that is the A # on 485 receipt.

==> Correct.

sertra2002 said:
==> Correct. Remember you need to fill separate AR11 forms for anyone over 18.

==> Yes, that is the A # on 485 receipt.

==> Correct.

Thanks for all the info. serta. One more clarification, AR-11 is for all family members or only for above 18 years. On form I could not find any thing clearly mentioned. Any thoughts. Thanks !!!

sunks,

You are correct there is nothing mentioned on the form. Therefore, I would suggest to be on safe side send the form for all family members who are not US citizens, irrespective of their age.