AR 11 questions

FHN

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I am about to file the AR11 for change of address. The form has 2 fields that I have questions about.

One is the "if not a permanent resident my stay in the US expires on?"

My question arises out of the fact that if I write my H1 expiry date it takes my stay in the US well beyond the max of 6 years persmissable (as far as I know) will it have any ill affect at all ?

The second question is about the employers info.

I used to work for company A whose valid H1 I still hold. I have since changed my job and have not filed the AC 21 (I was told that that needs to be done only if asked via an RFE etc). My problem here is that if I write the date till which I can stay in the US (as per the question above using my H1) I will be giving a date that from a different employer. Furter, if I give the name of the new employer here will it raise the chances of an RFE ?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FHN

WAC 02 250
RD/ND Aug 2002

140_takes_4ever said:
Answer is NA (not applicable) reason is AOS adjustee.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for your response. This answer you suggest is to the date part of my querry? What will be your suggestion on the employers details ?

Thanks again for the response.

Regards
FHN

Don't remember the form exactly, just remembered what I had put down for "my stay expires on". So what is the question "exactly"?

140_takes_4ever said:
Don't remember the form exactly, just remembered what I had put down for "my stay expires on". So what is the question "exactly"?

Duh!! This waiting for the GC does things to your mind. Thanks I got the answer. Took a little time to get through my thick head.

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards
FHN

Never mind, just hunted for a copy of my AR11. No worries for a RFE on that count. Just enter the correct and truthful answer to that question. There is NO WAY anyone will advise you to lie on official documents. The consequences of doing so and getting caught are much worse than a simple deportation. So even if there is a chance of future RFE, you gotto take it.

Having said that, the key thing here is, the AR 11 is a state dept. requirement, while the INS collects it, it just passes it on. That is the main reason you still need to call/write to the INS to change your address on record with them. This form is not referred to while sending RFE's.

Good luck! :)