AR-11 after May 31st

ag28

Registered Users (C)
After may 31st..the service centers phone lines will be disconnected and switched to the 800 number, how then are we going to make sure that our address has been updated. Sending AR-11 sometimes doesnt help in getting the address updated at the service centers and we needed to actually call them for doing the needful
Help:confused:

I guess the 1-800 # would have options to talk to IIO of various Service Centres..!! Just my thought..

No ..it doesnt give that option

you make your request at the 800 number which they will take down and then the service center would respond by surface mail.
That may take quite a while..so if a person moves from east to west coast..files Ar-11 but the address doesnt get updated>- then case might get transferred to local ctr on east coast while the person is on the west coast.:(

The info I got from a person answering the 800#

1. Send AR-11
2. Write a letter to service center where you had filed the pending application.
Letter contents
1. title it "Change of Address
2. Alien # if available
3. old address
4. new Address
5. Day time contact #
6. Attach a copy of any Receipt for the application Pending

Also writedown on the envelope 'Change of Address'

INS should write back to you in 30days abt the receipt of the change request.

I had earlier called to confirm if they had the correct address which I had changed by calling the vermont 802 #

I again (after getting the above info) called vermont and IIO confirmed that right address in file and said I needn't write to them.

cl4babu,

Did you inform the BCIS yourself of did you laywyare do it for you? Did it delay the case in any way?

What is advisable, to do it on your own or get it done from the lawyer?

Thanks
il_labor