April-2004 I-140 still pending

mahi4u

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After responding to 485 RFE LUD changed thrice on 485 but no status change.140 still pending.Your comments would be greatly appreciated.Pl see my signature for more details.

Mahi
EB2 Concurrent-NSC
PD:08/03
140/485 RD-04/01/04 ND-04/08/04
485 - RFE Birth Certificate,Marriage Certificate and TD Vaccine
RFE Received by USCIS 06/13/05
485 LUD Changed 06/14, 06/15, 06/16.
140 NO LUD CHANGE
2nd EAD,AP,FP DONE on 03/05.

Hi Mahi,

Looks like you have been deprived of 485 approval, due to pending 140. Have you conveyed your thanks to the NSC's 140 processors for holding on to you?

I have finally emailed to local Senator seeking enquiry in my 140 application. The 140 particulars are very much the same like yours with no queries or updates from the date of receipt in April 2004.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

Digs,
Can you give me the format of the letter you sent.and how to find out which senator i need to contact.Becoz my employer is in Michigan,but iam working in Virginia.So which area senator i need to contact.
Thanks inadvance
Kishore

Hi Kishore,

As about finding the local senators, you can use the following link and opt for your Michigan state.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/?lvl=L

I actually used the concerned senator's website and the 'contact me' link to send an online request. With regard to the letter that I sent, I did not come across any typical format and drafted my own as given below :

Name
Company Name
Address (Self or Company)
Phone # accordingly
Email Id
Date

The Honorable Senator ABC
Address
Washington, D.C. 11111-0000

Subject : Request to enquire with USCIS - NSC for I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) with application # LIN 041375xxxx

Dear Senator ABC,

We are a ................. company in city, State since 19xx engaged in so&so. I'm an employee working for the said company as ...(position).... on H1B1 visa for over xx years. Based on the company's current & future needs, I'm being sponsored for a permanent position and residency in the US. With a degree in ........ and master's in ............. plus xx years of progressive experience, the company made concurrent applications for my I-140 and I-485 in April 2004. Although, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services is doing commendable work in backlog reduction, my particular application on Immigrant Petition for alien worker (I-140), is still pending for over 470 days at the Nebraska Service Center. As suggested by my employer, I'm sending this letter to you as a request to intervene and seek enquiry in my long pending application. The case details are given under :

Application # : LIN 041375xxxx
Form type : I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker)
Petitioner : Company Name
Beneficiary : Last name, First Name, MI
Receipt Date : April xx, 2004
Projected Processing Time : 150 to 180 days from receipt date.
Present Pending Time : Over 470 days with no updates or queries.
Total I-140 cases pending at NSC with receipt dates of April 2004 : Less than 10%.

I also take this opportunity to inform that despite the Nebraska service center indicating to process I-140 cases with receipt dates of Dec. 2003, there have been cases approved in good numbers for receipt dates in the years 2004 & 2005. As a comparison, the other Centers, at Vermont, Texas and California are presently processing I-140 cases with receipt dates between March & April, 2005.

I once again greatly appreciate for your taking time to look into this long pending matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Name
Position
Company Name
City, State, Zip
Email Id

Although my employer did not and never would worry about my 140 approval, I wrote the same to make some impact. As most senators eventually weigh the earliest benefit they may get out of it.

As about the location, Virigina falls under VSC and Michigan under NSC. If your application is with NSC, it is best to reach the Michigan senator. In any case, I believe for a senator, a company makes more impact than an individual. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much DIGS.I will send this letter to senator in this week.I know My RD is only November but i applied my GC in 2002.So far iam always unlucky in every stage.It took 2yrs for the labor and now this.Because of this i already missed my Permanent employement with another client and lost my job,and now present working company is also asking to become full time.
Dont know what to do.Really depressed

04/04

Hello! 04/04 filers, I am wondering if the inquiry from the senator at this time will have negative effects on the case. I have been waiting as axiously as your guys since April 2004. Do you think the inquiry will only play its roll if it is made once the RD past the 'processing time'?

EB-1 OR
I-140 RD 04/04
I-485 RD 04/05
FP: 5/19/05 code 3

Hi NSCOR,

I also presume that the letter may have a negative effect. My calculation is as under :

Things going until for looooooooong pending cases : NEGATIVE
Effect of Enquiries thru Senator, Attorney, others .. : NEGATIVE
-----------
Net Proven Multiplication Effect ...................... : POSITIVE, atleast on my mind, for putting efforts.

Well, with all this waiting, already losing Time, Money, Sleep, Justice, Freedom, ............nothing much to lose now. :rolleyes:

DIGS

Last edited by a moderator:
It's awful that I am even losing my hope and the willing for more effort. To me, the only thing to do is wait.

Guys,

Thanks for ur valuble info.I'll wait for some more time then i'll contact local senator.

Thanks,
Mahi

Good Luck Digs. Hope you're case will be touched sooner. Also, try to have your attorney contact the CIS to check on the status. I had my attorney check with the CIS after contacting the local senator's office. Worth a try in different ways to get the case touched.

Mahesh

DIGS,

One more quick question!!.When i notified to INS on 1485 regd my change of address i remember LUD changed on 485.And i told my employer and as well as attorney to notify INS on 140 regd my address change since actual petitioner for 140 is my employer.Attorney said that he notified to INS but i don't see any LUD changes on 140.What could be the reason..?

I appreciate your comments!!!

Mahi

Hi Mahi,

My understanding is the same as you have written.

I140 Petitioner.........Employer
I485 Petitioner.........Employee

Accordingly, change in employee's address is registered and acknowledged in I485, but not (necessarily) in I140. An approval of I140 in the same way is not sent to the employee, except the email notification.

Hope our I140 LUDs change soon for processing.

Good luck.

DIGS