April 10, 2008 call - Recording Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer from L1B to old H1B

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks in Adv for going through all our questions, and doing the needful.

I am bringing up another question here (Just did not wanted to mix it up with old question since case scenarios are different)

I had applied for H1B for year 2005 quota from india, and same was approved for duration till Sept 2008.Sponser did not invite to US due to some merger with other company....now i am in US on L1B from my present company, My question is

1. if sponser is ready now Will it be possible to still use that unused H1b which is due for expiry this Sept 2008,

2.If yes will it be a problem if i go for stamping at mexico or other place for converting my L1 to H1 stamping since H1b is not used ever since approved.What documents we need for stamping ? will my current L1 paystubs do if paystubs required for stamping ?

3. if stamping is successful, am i still eligible to apply for H1b extension for next 3 years post Sept 2008 ?

Thanks for your patience,
Basav

Last edited by a moderator:
AC21 after I-485 > 180 days with pending I-140

Hi Rajiv,

My questions is

Background:
"I would be invoking AC21 with both I-140 & I-485 pending more then 180 days. Receive Date: July 23, 2007 at TSC. EB2 PD: 12/2004 working for a blue chip company as full time regular employee and have a masters in computer science degree from an Ivy League University. Spoke with my company lawyers and they said they will notify me if there is any RFE on my I-140 and advise my lawyers where I am porting my AOS to respond to the RFE and said that my new lawyers should be able to respond depending on the type of RFE. They will not respond to I-140 RFE as it would be conflict of interest. Morever the attorney said most likely I should not get an RFE. I will be joining my new employer next week and have already resigned from my current job. My new job title is senior software development engineer and old job title software engineer with job responsibilities being "same or very similar".

Questions:
1. However I am still concerned and I was wondering what I am doing is safe.
2. For my case would you recommend that I send AC21 letter to USCIS along with all the receipts and new offer letter?
3. I am paying all my GC expenses (I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131) to my old employer, do the lawyers have some obligations for my I-140 or they are tied to my employer?
4. Do you have any other advise/suggestions for me?

My Urgent Question about Case Transfer !!

I received an email from CRIS

"On March 26, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO
REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NEW YORK ASYLUM OFFICE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice"
Did someone received similar email notice in the past??? Do this office also process Employement base cases too? Confused???Why I would get an email like this for me and my wife??

My Case details:

India EB3 PD 03/2003
I-140Approved in Feb 2007
I-485 Pending since June 2007
1 AP,1 EAD approved last year for me and my wife

Thanks

Hi Rajiv,

I had posted my question before and it was unanswered. My I-485 is pending for almost three and a half years and PD (Sep 2000) is current for all these times except for when it was unavailable. For a long time my case was under extended review though Name Check was cleared. From Jan2008 onwards it assigned to an officer per NSC's reply to congressional inquiry. Still my case is pending.

What are the options to get my case moving? I have already written to Senator/Congressman/Ombudsman etc. However NSC gives some reply to these and is not doing anything.

Urgent Question regarding H1 to F1 Visa

Hi Rajiv,

My case is as below. I am an Indian working in US for past 3.5 years on H1B. My wife had joined me in 2006 on H4. I got her H1 done in US. I am now planning to study as I have been admitted to a top MBA program. My questions are as below:
1. Can I change my H1 to F1 while in US?
2. Will I be eligible for OPT after I pass out from MBA in May 2010.
3. Will the new H1 after my MBA be valid for 6 years. If no, then what will be the amount of time I will have on H1.
4. Will it be easy to get an H1 done after completion of MBA?
5. Will my wife be able to work on H1 while I am on F1. Do I need to change her status also?

Thanks.

Hi Rajiv,

First of all thank you for the opportunity.

My case is: I received my BS from a US university and my visa was J1. I changed to F1 and got my MS. Right now I am doing OPT. I missed the H1B deadlines this year. i want to go back to school and get my second bachelors.

My question is that would I be able to get another OPT after I get my second bachelors? I did not have OPT after undergrad.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.