approved

sea_blue

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I got I-485 approval today. It is such a release. Just want to thank everybody here, this forum give me a big support.

My timeline:

Asylum approval 08/98
I-485 ND: 11/17/99
FP: 08/03
Approval 12/03

My question is:

If you don't have your passport, do you need a document (such as a lost record by police) to show that your passport was lost?

I have two I-94, the first one was issued when I came to US, the other one was issued when I get the asylum approval, which one I should submit to INS?

Thanks a lot for answers.

Sea_blue, congratulations, couple of questions
Were you asked to provide RFE?
did you receive the approval letter today Saturday or you checked it it online?
Your GC will be dated 02, citizenship 07, Congrats again.

thanks for sahring your time line

Oh..thanks God,
At last we hear some positive news!
Forum seems to be silent for a long time.
Congrats Sea-Blue!

With very best

Ceder:
I am running into unsual problems. My paper receipt says 11/09/1999 and when I check on line it says 12/09/1999. So its a one whole month difference which migh put me at the risk of being behind the people who are approced in Nov. 1999. I wrote them but no reply. My Congressman also tried to find with them but they say 11/09/1999. If this is the case I should have been approved. Its really scary and disappointing.

However, my congressman was helpful in expiditing my RTD as my family-friends were sick and now my online says they have mailed the RTD. Orginally I applied in July 2003.

azadindian, what I am going by is the date it shows on the online status check , mine it says
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on December 6, 1999.</
because I never received notice of action when I sent my I-485 application, i have no idea of nowing what my dayes are.

This is really a strange situation. I called them up and they also told me the same thing that I should go by the date on the receipt. But on their system it shows December. Looking at Sea-Blue's case, my case should have been approved by now as they are working on 11/17/1999. I have had FP in August. So no way of knowing whats going on.

Congratulations. As for the passport, you dont need any police record. It doesnt matter which I-94 you show. Just make copy of both of them.
You have nothing to worry about. Bring three photos, they will use two of them for your GC and the other one to issue a white card that is going to be your temporary proof of residency until you receive the actual GC.
Good luck

Originally posted by sea_blue
Dear all,

I got I-485 approval today. It is such a release. Just want to thank everybody here, this forum give me a big support.

My timeline:

Asylum approval 08/98
Approval 12/03

My question is:

If you don't have your passport, do you need a document (such as a lost record by police) to show that your passport was lost?

I have two I-94, the first one was issued when I came to US, the other one was issued when I get the asylum approval, which one I should submit to INS?

Originally posted by Azadindian
This is really a strange situation. I called them up and they also told me the same thing that I should go by the date on the receipt. But on their system it shows December. Looking at Sea-Blue's case, my case should have been approved by now as they are working on 11/17/1999. I have had FP in August. So no way of knowing whats going on.

It is nothing "strange" at all. It is obviously that they are NOT working cases in STRICT first-come first-out order. Some people are processed faster than others. Yours ( and mine) are in the slow catetory.

Congratulations and good luck.

Dear all,

My timeline:

Asylum approval 08/98
Approval 12/03

My question is:

Yes, USA2002, I gues you are right. But I wonder what can we do except writing them? What do you thin Gilbert and Alenpero

Thanks all.

cider_or, to answer your questions, they didn't ask any RFE. I checked the message online first, it showed approval, and 3 days later, I got the real letter. The online date says got my application on 11/17/99.

Dear all,

My timeline:

Asylum approval 08/98
Approval 12/03

My question is:

Congrats, it's very lucky for you to get your approval in approximately 4yrs.
Most IIOs wont even ask for your national passport if you tell them you're an asylee.
I think u submit the one that was issued when you were granted asylum.

To add an extra comment, it usually takes about 4 to 8 months to get your plastic card after the stamping.