Registered Users (C)
EAC # : EAC-02-088-515XX

Labor Cert. : Sometime in 1998
I-140 AD : 09/2001

I-485 RD : 01/07/2002
I-485 ND : 01/17/2002
I-485 FP(1) : 03/14/2002

Changed Employer : 08/01/2003

I-485 RFE : 07/11/2003 (Proof of Employment)
I-485 FP(2) : 08/14/2003

I-485 AD : 09/15/2003 (As per NCSC phone line).

My employer was sponsoring and paying for the process.

As you can see the process began way back in '98 when I applied for Labor Certification (I'd already been in the country since '97 on H1B). The initial application was NOT RIR (as it was not in place at the time I think). When I became aware of RIR AND that I was qualified for this process, I forced my attorney to change to this process (at the time, it was taking 18 months less than regular process). My attorney didn't appear to know to much about RIR and was reluctant to change but I insisted. Unfortunately, she didn't prepare the application properly so it was rejected after 7 months in process - total delay was 17 months.

Changed attorney (Duh!) and re-applied. Labor certification went through in March 2001 and promptly applied for I-140. This was approved in six months (09/2001). Had to gather information for I-485 that the attorney had not warned me about up front - there were also some minor delays that in total added up to 3 months. Finally applied for I-485 in January 2002. Got receipt notice and applied for EAD in local INS office in Boston.

Due to the economy, things were looking bad for my company and my project was winding down. They informed me that if I was on the bench they didn't think they would be able to pay my salary (I saw the numbers - they were right!!). They were going to continue to support me (reduced salary while on the bench) and continue the process but stated that if a fulltime opportunity arose, and I liked it, I should go for it - no hard feelings. I'd been with them 5 years as a top revenue producer and they treated me very well and supported me all the time. After I-485 had been pending for 180 days, I changed to my current position as a full-time employee (using EAD). Previous employer did not revoke I-140. I did not inform BCIS of my change in employer (on attorney's advice).

I receieved an RFE on 07/11/2003 for Proof of Employment. I got the letter from my new employer, pay stubs and tax returns.
Attorney prepared a letter informing BCIS of my change in employer under the terms of the AC21 Act. This was received by Vermont Service Center on 07/25/2003. I also received an appointment notice for the second fingerprinting scheduled for 08/14/2003. I did not go early. Results were received on 08/18/2003.

As I am travelling outside the country in December, I needed to apply for Advance Parole but was wondering if it would be necessary to spend that money. Last Wednesday (09/17/2003), I called the NCSC 1-800 number and spoke with an agent. I was very polite and pleasant, noted that I-485 applications were taking 20 months and then noted that I had exceeded that time based on my Receipt Date (01/07/2002). He took my details and said he can send an electronic "Referral Letter" to Vermont to see if there was anything outstanding on my case. He stated I would hear something from Vermont regarding my case within 3 - 5 weeks. In all, he was very friendly and helpful (as much as he could be).

Last Friday (09/12/2003), I checked the online status of my case and got the usual "On August 18th, the results of your fingerprint review .... blah, blah, blah". Checked today (09/15/2003) and it said "Case cannot be found ....".
Called the NCSC service line (in a bit of a panic) and it said "This case has been approved. On September 15th 2003, an Approval notice was mailed.".

Rupnet has been updated.

Whew - so that's it folks!!! Not sure how I feel right now - let's just say that I'm not being very productive in work today :) Just waiting for that notice in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish272000

Could you please post the 800 number you used to call the BCIS agent or representative to know the staus of your application? Thanks