Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gcmspind

Registered Users (C)
I was just routinely checking my status online, like I do everyday only to see the surprise of my life!!!!!!

"This case has been approved. On August 18, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours"

Phone status has also changed to approved.

Both mine and my spouse case has been approved.

Our Details:
EB3, INDIA
PD 9/17/2002
ND 9/17/2002
Don't know why my ND and PD are the same on my receipt, will never know.......

My FP 11/29/2002
Spouse FP 10/30/2002

Had postponed my FP 3 times because I was out of country at that time. FP was generated automatically.

My status was updated online after FP but for my spouse still said FP sent until today.

Have not got any RFE.
Still with sponsoring company.
Filed AR-11 form for change of address 8/1/2003.
Had contacted my democrat Senator. - Don't know if that helped!!

I have tried to give as much details as possible.

This forum has been a great support.
All the best to all of you. I will pray that all of you get approved soon.

I will post again after I get the notice
:)

Congrats!

How to contact Senator? I am in FL(Palm Beach). Any help is appriciated.

Congratulations gcmspind

Congratulations! Fabulous! Glad that it was a 'no-spin zone,' for you with TSC, that you got approved within a year of filing I-485. God bless!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your freedom.

Pls confirm that your ND is 2002 November (and NOT 2001)

Remember us in your prayers

RD: 06/01/01
ND:08/25/01
FP:05/27/03

Congrats!

How to contact Senator? I am in FL(Palm Beach). Any help is appriciated.

kbs ,
To contact senator there was a link on this forum sometime back. I think it was posted by TRU. I don't have it right now. Maybe if TRU reads this he can answer.

plasticcard
My ND is Sep 2002

poongunranar
Thank you. I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Congrats and good luck: Good thing is that TSC is working

but very slow and bad thing is that the processing pattern remains to be random ignoring 2001 filers completely.

Friendly Lesson to all of us...

Again, this is a friendly lesson to all of us, not to castigate other perfervid newbies, who may ask for any approvals as late as say June 2003 or so, because as we are seeing, approvals are totally random. It is frustrating for those who had filed early, but it is a fact of life and I wish we all can cope with it. Therefore, on behalf of those eager recent filers (much to the chagrin of the senior and early filers like me), I guess we all have to answer their curious posers, without raising questions like, "....while I from 2000 and 2001 am waiting, how dare you 2003 filer ask about your status...?":D . As we see, such approvals do take place and we continue to support each other, irrespective of the filing date. Miracles do happen and will happen for everybody soon :) This approval of gcmspind is like an oasis in a desert. So far, we merely had a mirage for the past two months! Sorry, if I had digressed. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been said before and some have disagreed, but I think time of FP is a factor. This is a 2002 case and FP was done in 2002. Mine, like many others, is a 2001 case, but FP was done in 2003 and so we are passed over.:(
Sorry for the sour note. I am still glad to see someone approved.;)

Re: Congrats and good luck: Good thing is that TSC is working

Originally posted by U2
but very slow and bad thing is that the processing pattern remains to be random ignoring 2001 filers completely.

with lots both sick and vacation
:D

w8nc

but I think time of FP is a factor.
I am one of the strong supporter to that argument, even though GCMSPIND's approval belies that argument. As you had correctly observed, here is a case, where an approval was done after 10 months of finger-printing. Usually the approval rate is not so encouraging for such a wide time-span and chances are very high if the file is touched within 3 months of FPing. At least GCMSPIND's approval is good for him and for us as well and also offers hopes for people like me who are dangerously close to entering the 12th month after FPing.

Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy your freedom and not take any of 200/2001 filers personally.

TSC trend (or complete absence of it) is getting worse. This approval is more like a sand-grain in the desert definitely not an oasis.

Congrats and I am happy for you!

RANT MODE ON

More proof that TSC is the most f%&$ed up form of government dealing ever. How can someone who applied in Sept of 2002 be approved in 1 year? A full 14-18 months after many 2001 filers. Senator and/or congressman have nothing to do with it, look at this thread from me a few months back:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=88699

This random processing is complete and utter bulls&*t! I'm tired of trying to figure out how they do things at TSC. Lets face it, there is no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter when FP is done, it doesn't matter when you applied; it comes down to just plain and simple LUCK! Luck if your file gets pulled for whatever reason, luck on when and if FP is scheduled, luck for basically every step of this 485 filing. No person or computer program will come up with any other solution. My EAD is due soon, and you know what, I'm not renewing. I'm not sending these bastards another $120. My employer hasn't even asked for it for the past two years, so screw it, I don't need it. They can go f&*$ themselves. Until I see some 2001 approvals, this is how I feel.

RANT MODE OFF

Like I said, congratulations and all the best to you and your family!

Re: w8nc

Congratulations gcmspind, good luck for your future!

Originally posted by poongunranar
I am one of the strong supporter to that argument, even though GCMSPIND's approval belies that argument. As you had correctly observed, here is a case, where an approval was done after 10 months of finger-printing.

I have another theory (dumb though it is, what the heck) ... was it the AR-11 that did the trick?! I just sent mine ... so I'm just hoping it is!! :D

If I get my approval in a week, may be you all should consider changing your address!!! :)

Re: Re: w8nc

Originally posted by bajis
... was it the AR-11 that did the trick?! I just sent mine ... so I'm just hoping it is!! :D
Bajis, you are going to loathe me for dousing your hopes :( I submitted by AR-11, hoping for a trigger. Well, I did get an approval -- a EAD to which I lost 7 months. I submitted the AR-11 in May 2003, and that hasn't moved the powers-that-be to approve my I-485 :(

Damn ... I knew I couldn't hope for long!! Thanks poongunranar. Hope you get your approval soon (I'll revive my AR-11 theory again then!!). :)

bajis...

Ad Augusta per Angusta -- You can't achieve great things without overcoming great difficulties. I would rewrite that wonderful Latin maxim as thus: Ad GC per TSC.